a T-Type is NOT a Grand National

My car is an 85. Seller says no we2 code, as that is some light weight option. Guess I should have checked sooner. LOL. So. It's a black t-type with all GN stuff. I'm good with that.

My car is an 85. Seller says no we2 code, as that is some light weight option. Guess I should have checked sooner. LOL. So. It's a black t-type with all GN stuff. I'm good with that.

No WE2 is the RPO code for a GN (at least 86/87), he is probably thinking of WE4 which is the black trim and bumper option for a black 87 Turbo T.

No WE2 is the RPO code for a GN (at least 86/87), he is probably thinking of WE4 which is the black trim and bumper option for a black 87 Turbo T.

possibly. either way, the car is awesome. i don't mind.

5 year old thread...

Attachments

• pinhead%20necro2.jpg
    pinhead%20necro2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 247
5 year old thread...

hello peoples: IMO who cares how long a thread is. The longer your into a given hobby things to start to repeat. With an old subject maybe someone could through something different into it.
IBBY

Yeah Chopped 39....Thats another point for T-Types....When i was shopping for my TR i googled WH1 Buick Regal, because i knew exactly what i wanted :biggrin: And they only made 463 The rarest of them all......:p

Is the fact that the thread is old make the info any less accurate? Will there never be new GN owners that need help?

I don't know if they were using the WE2 RPO code in 85, but check the cowl tag below the drivers side windshield wiper and it should say W11 on it.

I don't know if they were using the WE2 RPO code in 85, but check the cowl tag below the drivers side windshield wiper and it should say W11 on it.

that makes me fit a bit better. i'll check the tag when the car gets here. right now it's in storage waiting to be shipped. thanks!

jason

I like my GN but my limited gets more looks when you spank that big block too much cam mopar:rolleyes:Just sayin

Kevin:biggrin:

I agree withe above as time goes on the rarer Turbo-Ts, T-ypes, and Limiteds will be even more rarer and get forgotten as a powerful car thinking that only the Grand National was not only the sinister one in appearance but packed the low end torque.

I have always perferred the road less traveled or in this car the car less thought of as slepper cars provide a neat element of surprise.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I just call mine a regal like all the rest because thats all they are. They were all made on the same assembly line with the same parts by the same people.
The way I look at it in 30 or 40 years whats going to be worth more a car that they made 22,000 of that only came in black or the one they only made 1035 of with a lot more options and colors:eek: Talk about stirring the pot uh. lmao

I agree. I would rather have an 87 Limited T over my GN for just that reason. Especially if it came with two-tone paint and a factory vinyl roof with opera lights. How rare is that?

hello peoples: And hello Vietnam Vet. I just missed that war as I remember the draft just ended for me.
I'd like to see that your twin turbo GNX. A factory twin GNX should get some $$$. I can't remember the TT I've seen here are factory or not? Tell me you owned that car at your home and it got seized? That ain't wright!
But I have a two tone T and a comment I get is did you paint that GN like that? It's just takes a conversation to get em straight but that's how it is.
IBBY
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This thread has came back to bite me in the a$$ once again...lol....today I still have my T and love it...I do miss having a GN though.:D