A T R 2 1/2" Dual Stainless System

blownbuick

ATR complete 2 1/2" stainless catback exhaust system with ATR stainless Pit Bull mufflers. System does not come with the stainless C clamps. I will be posting pictures in the next couple of days. Condition is excellent. Guys, what's it worth?

JT

Some unsolicited input regarding a "used" ATR exhaust... I purchased a 2.5" dual system in 95-96 timeframe with the "aluminized" mufflers. After about 10 years (15k miles) the mufflers needed replaced. During the replacement I removed the pipes from behind the Cat to "clean them up". A little paint thinner cleaned off the road grime and some 600 grit emory cloth (with not much effort) cleaned up the system like it was brand new. The worst "stains" were at the joints where I first hit it with around 200 grit and then 600. No power tools involved...just paper and my hands. I am very impressed by the quality (pretty sure it was 304L) of the SS used by ATR.

So unless the system has been beaten to death don't let the term "used" bother you.

PS...I don't know the seller.

Regards, Bob

I dont know the seller either, but I've had 6 of these ATR kits in dual 2.5 and dual 3" and theyre the best kits for our cars I've ever seen. I dont care for their mufflers, (I prefer ultra flows) but the quality, fit and finish of their systems is top notch. Its too bad they're out of business. REALLY nice stuff. Good luck with the sale, whoever buys this will be really happy. Oh yes, and they are 304 stainless; good stuff.

TTT for a nice setup.

Atr

Atr built the nicest stainless exhaust on the market plus it worked very well. You should be able to recover most of your money on it...

Yes, I am................and here they are. They don't look as bright in the snow as they are. The only flaw is on the one tip, which is shown in the on pic. To assemble, they will probably need a sizing tool in the ends to slip together. Muffler shops can do that or Harbor Freight has the tool for about $15.

$650 firm + shipping.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 165
good luck with that price.i bought the same thing this summer for half of what you are asking.

will gladly get you some.but its not for sale as i am gonna use it! mine is complete with clamps and all hardware.

here is another brand new system in stainless 3"
STAINLESS CATBACK EXHAUST
for $600-$650 it is currently on sale!

here is a pypes system also in stainless for $356 plus shipping it is 2 1/2 " there was a thread going the other day on this system and eveybody seemed happy
JEGS High Performance - 958-SGG50V

i was interested in your system because i just picked another car and i don't care for the exhaust system it has on it but i think you are overpriced .

If it were 3" that system would sell for that price in no time. I bought a 2.5" ATR system a year ago for $300. Not sure what they are worth now though, just a little unbiased input.

I think that I'm going to simply respond to ttaowner by saying that most people here know the difference between an ATR system and a Pypes system. Enuf said!!!

I asked for input about what people had paid for these sets days ago. I had one gentleman (you know who you are) who informed me that he had recently purchased a used ATR stainless pipes with non-SS mufflers for $575. I had another gentleman who had found and purchased a new ATR system for about $725. I take the average of the input given and, VOILA, there's the price.

That will be the extent of my defense of my price. If you don't feel the price is right, don't buy it. Simple enough.

JT

hey i know atr makes a great product i have had 5 of their downpipes and 3 of their exhaust systems.2" 1/2 dual 3"dual and 3" single shot ,all fit great and obviously still hold some value to them,

i also have a pypes system on 1 of my cars as well and they also make a great product.

i just prefer the tip of the exhaust not being clipped off on the atr system compared to the pypes that has the point clipped off.

i guess jdzopplin and i got great deals.