A suggestion !

Rely

Yup.

Honestly chicken won't touch me. My car had an old school fuel set up that was never designed to hang with the power its making now. New updated pump set up has been installed but the damage was done. Now that all is well the alky is topped off and boost has been brought down to 20. Everytime I floor it I get 0 nock and 02s are 800s. The new cam pappa Lou put in really complimented the combo. So yeah neither you or chicken worry me.... :eek:

Oh almost forgot. When I got the heads I did a dyno run and a week later I hit fontana for a wopping three runs all at least and hour or more apart so no hot lapping.

Flaco, Your math is a little fuzzy. How many street pass's & dyno pulls were on that engine. The track was probably the easiest time the car had cause like you state it had time to cool before each run & yes the fuel pump was old school & got away from me. I have had 25 years of hard lessons that these cars have taught me. When I have a failure or problem I try to figure out what happened & what to do to prevent it again. After thinking about it I felt that part of the problem was my lack of educating newbies & customers of what to expect. Which is the reason for this post. Plus it makes for interesting conversation & don't mean to beat this to death.Your engine was originally built as a mild street perf package. It's lacking the tougher pistons, steel main caps , steel rods & crank that I would normally recommend for an engine that putting out the power yours is. Your combination has stock type coated pistons, molly rings, treated crank, balanced, quality machine work & assm. so it will give good service but with limitations. Spoolfool mikes engine is a good example of how an engine should be built that will be flogged. It has better components that will with stand more punishment but his investment was also more & he had greater expectations from the onset plus more race oriented experience that didn't happen over night. As for mean chicken & yourself I don't want to get in the middle of this cat fight & hope neither of you wind up in jail being some bubba's wife.

Kaboom !

An example of the effect ported heads, cam & intake on a stock bottom end, Courtesy of underboost.

jpg.gif 100_0405.jpg

I always liked this one myself:

Attachments

• 2 piece block.jpg
    2 piece block.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 242
Flaco, Your math is a little fuzzy. How many street pass's & dyno pulls were on that engine. The track was probably the easiest time the car had cause like you state it had time to cool before each run & yes the fuel pump was old school & got away from me. I have had 25 years of hard lessons that these cars have taught me. When I have a failure or problem I try to figure out what happened & what to do to prevent it again. After thinking about it I felt that part of the problem was my lack of educating newbies & customers of what to expect. Which is the reason for this post. Plus it makes for interesting conversation & don't mean to beat this to death.Your engine was originally built as a mild street perf package. It's lacking the tougher pistons, steel main caps , steel rods & crank that I would normally recommend for an engine that putting out the power yours is. Your combination has stock type coated pistons, molly rings, treated crank, balanced, quality machine work & assm. so it will give good service but with limitations. Spoolfool mikes engine is a good example of how an engine should be built that will be flogged. It has better components that will with stand more punishment but his investment was also more & he had greater expectations from the onset plus more race oriented experience that didn't happen over night. As for mean chicken & yourself I don't want to get in the middle of this cat fight & hope neither of you wind up in jail being some bubba's wife.

If I'm ever on my way to the clink...I'm gettin my rear main seal welded shut....'er at least some steel main caps installed in it...
Bubba will loose interest then...:biggrin:

Damn Niel ! that block is broke in half, In Brents case it trans brake that finally snapped the cast crank. The tune was good. No knock & safe 02's he kept running faster each week till it had enough.

Ok lets vote on who has the best carnage Niel or Brent & they say the Bin laden photos are too gruesome to publish. How can his face look any worst than this.

Can't really say who's block that was. I found the pic somewhere on one of the Turbo Buick forums. Typically you would see this level of carnage from one of the heavy hitters in TSM. What happens is the block splits between the main bearing bore and the cam bore and thus a two piece block. I guess this is what you can expect if you try to make 950 H.P. with a block designed for 250.

Neal

Can't really say who's block that was. I found the pic somewhere on one of the Turbo Buick forums. Typically you would see this level of carnage from one of the heavy hitters in TSM. What happens is the block splits between the main bearing bore and the cam bore and thus a two piece block. I guess this is what you can expect if you try to make 950 H.P. with a block designed for 250.

Neal
Yeah Niel, it's possible but an insane waste of money & parts.

Hey Lou...a compliment to you....When I picked up my GN from the super secret tranny guy, he said that it was one of the best running TB's he'd ever worked on. He said he see's guys in there all the time with high dollar flashy parts that run poorly compared to my very basic and non-flashy Czarnota build.
Told him I'd rather have a car that runs than one that shines while sitting still and the credit was all yours.

Hey Lou...a compliment to you....When I picked up my GN from the super secret tranny guy, he said that it was one of the best running TB's he'd ever worked on. He said he see's guys in there all the time with high dollar flashy parts that run poorly compared to my very basic and non-flashy Czarnota build.
Told him I'd rather have a car that runs than one that shines while sitting still and the credit was all yours.
I think I'm going to be sick !

This may come as a surprise to you, but rumor has it that one can actually have a fast car and have it look good too. I heard this second hand, so you might want to get a second opinion.;)

Hey! At least your repainted headlight bezels look good.:cool:

Mike Barnard