A sign that the Alternator going bad?

red2001ss

Usually happens most at night, however every once in a while the Volt light will flash. On the SM2, I can see it drop about a volt then go back up. The voltage usually holds around 13.1-13.5V. It mostly flashes when I'm getting in the pedal a bit and the RPM's are going up, and sometimes on a good bump in the road which is common around these parts. Just wondering if the ALT is on its way out, or could it be something else. I haven't check for a loose wire yet, but I don't think that is the case. No Fuel Pump Hotwire kit yet, but it's on the way, if that makes any difference with the Volt light problem.

Usually happens most at night, however every once in a while the Volt light will flash. On the SM2, I can see it drop about a volt then go back up. The voltage usually holds around 13.1-13.5V. It mostly flashes when I'm getting in the pedal a bit and the RPM's are going up, and sometimes on a good bump in the road which is common around these parts. Just wondering if the ALT is on its way out, or could it be something else. I haven't check for a loose wire yet, but I don't think that is the case. No Fuel Pump Hotwire kit yet, but it's on the way, if that makes any difference with the Volt light problem.
sounds like the voltage regulator in the alt. take to advanced a have it checked