A Racers Dream.. Part 1

Lt. Doomsday

Honda Hater #1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This Story Was Compleatly Made up, Just thought it would be cool
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night was the night the "beast" would leave its den to hunt. The air was cool and the night was silent, no cops, no traffic, just the usual ricers and street racers running around town. It was pretty early for any of racing to take place, especialy on Nash Road, were the local illegals were held. Usualy you will see several Civics, Neons, Eclipses, and mabey some early model muscle cars. As i was driving around in Cape Giradeau, I come to one of the many stop light sections on South Kings highway, i'm listining to some slipknot as i wait for the light to turn green.

I look over and see your usual ricer, fart can and wing, drive across the intersection going the other way. Not worth my time,
so i decide to wait. Then i catch a blue flash of light, about that time i look over and there is a little blue Civic Hatch. Something was different about this one, only one sticker, it was small, it said DC Sports, it was actaly lowerd and was on Steelies, i dont think much of. Thinking that he may have some things done to it, we both take off normal as the light turns green.

Nothing really happend, even though i wanted to see if he had a fart can, so i hung back a bit. Suprizingly he didnt, altho it wasnt stock, it had a decent sound to it. Then i heard something that sounded like a turbo. So i got up beside him and kinda made the "beast" jump a bit, he didnt do anything. So we caught the next light. I roll down my window and he rolls down his. We chat for a while, and he knows a bit about TR's and is smart not to race one. He said that a buddy at school talks about them 24/7.

He said that he hated Grand Nationals just to make his buddy mad, same way with the "I hate eclipses" because his buddy owns one. So i asked him if he wanted to run em just for fun.
He said sure why not, I'm auto, because of my legs, i cant drive a stick. So we took off I didnt bother to build any boost, because
i knew i would beat him, we both took off, he took off decent but was no match for the beast.....

We pulled over and talked for a while, we took peeks at each others engines, he said he only had Headers Intake and Exhaust, but he has over two thousand dollars in suspension, and a turbo kit comming in this week. I said that was cool, he didnt brag either a really cool guy. What was even cooler was that his hatch looked compleatly stock. Except for the tinted windows and the
DC Sports sticker. So we said our goodbyes parted and when our seperate ways.

As i reach the next light on the NORTH side of kings highway, i noticed a Cavilier Z-24 with altezzas and hideous chrome wheels,
and the usual fart pipe. I just puledl up next to him with my window down, and just kinda looked at him, he gave me the old ricer rev, and looked back at me, I knew it was on. I build up the boost to one psi, and the light turns green we both take off, he squeels the tires from a high rpm launch, and i however, just pull the front tires off the ground. Putting 3 Cars on him from the hole.

I shut it down at 60 because we were in a 35 zone and cops were notorius for lurking in the shadows out here. he does the ricer fly by at about 100+ and Waves the ol' bird at me, i turn on my high beams and flash him a few times. Then out of nowere i see Blue and Red flashing lights behind me. I pull over to the side of the road, and a Cop in a Corvette flys by me after the Cavilier.

I drive slowly by and honk at the ricer while laughing my ass off. I turn around and did the same thing. Back on the South Side. I hit the first light and noticed theres a 69 Camaro SS with a blower sticking out of the hood, and some pretty nice meats on the back. I didnt know how fast he was, but i was pretty sure he would give me a run for my money....

He reved and i returned the rev.... I knew it was on, so i let him here the turbo howl while building boost. Light turns green, Screaching tires break the silence of the night, and loud exhaust piercing my ear drums. And were off! He gets half a car on the
TR after we launch. The TR is about to hit full boost. BANG FULL BOOST!!!! I start pulling on him and get to about his door. staying even neck to neck. I look over at him he looks over at me. i look forward. "Oh shiiiiiiiiiiittttt!!!!!!!!" I scream as a Car pulled out in front of us..............

(To be continued)