A little tire and traction help...needed.

Quick6

I have the GNX style wheels with BFG drag radials on the back in size 255/50/16. These DR's do not have the solid center stripe of rubber that the larger DR's have and I have not had any success at getting them to hook for me. My average sixty is around 1.9X.
I am considering putting on an ATR big bar on the back and getting a different tire....any suggestions? I want to keep the 16" rims on the back so what tire would work on this GNX 16" rim and do a better job with traction? Thanks for any help. And I do run an airbag on the right.

Tire pressure makes a HUGE difference on traction. What have you been setting the tires at? Im not familiar with 16" tires, but when I had the old 275/50/15 Nittos I would set them at 18psi and would get low 1.7's without any traction mods at all (no air bar or anything).

My Sumitomo WR (168 mph) rated 255 50 16s hook real good on the street with no heat up.........not necessary for a street tire. At the track, they're pretty consistant at 2.0 60s. $95 each at TIRERACK. Get slicks for the track. ;)