A little tip most of you guys probably already know:)

P

PowerV6

I noticed that a stock radiator fan sits in front of the brackets and this causes the distance from the fan to the radiator to be about 2 inches. If you move the fan shroud to sit BEHIND the bracket it will get it about 1 inch closer and that inch means ALOT, i am running an atr front mount and a stock radiator, i fabricated all the piping and with 65 degree wheather it never goes above 265 degrees city driving in 65 degree weather. the other day it was 90 degrees and my temps never exceeded 190 on my smaster and this was in traffic...you need to move the small pieces that the screw screws into onto the actual fan shroud....i hope i am not writing something retarded because i have noticed this on three different cars, a ttype, a gn and another gn, i have no clew why GM made these shrouds sit so far from the radiator, this distance decreases the efficiency of the fan, kinda surprised me that i am able to run a front mount with normal radiator fluid and stock everything....ill reply as temps increase as they have just DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY and i am unable to drive it in 90 degree temperatures because it will be in the 60 degree area for the next week...this little mod is free and doesnt require anything besides a little muscle to push the fan shroud behind the TOP bracket....the radiator on my car was replaced with a stock replacement around a year ago also...hope this helps some of you as broke as i am lately:)

good tip. I used trunk weatherstripping to go around the shroud and COMPLETELY seal the shroud to the rad:) Getting the shroud closer or sealing the shroud to the rad realy does help//

ohh and another thing, i had to dig up some longer bolts so they would reach through the old bracket and into the nut thingies...youll see what im saying when you do it...:)