a little snow cancels a NFL game???

GSX-PKV

I thought football was played in any weather? The Bears played the Patriots in a blizzard 2 weeks ago and last week the folks in Minnesota braved worse weather to watch the Bears and Vikings. There are snow and ice games every year but now... there's a couple inches on snow in Philly and they quickly cancel their game. Maybe they were afraid Michael Vick could be stranded in a snow drift on the way to the stadium and if a rescue dog came to help him, who knows what he would do to it.:eek:

Maybe they're worried Vick won't be as mobile [effective] on a snowy field and they could lose.
He could also try to play wide open and get crushed by an opposing tackler he couldn't avoid because of field conditions.

We are getting up to 18" of snow and it was for the safety of the players and fans they did it. It's been snowing for hours and the brunt of the storm is pretty much hitting the hardest right at game time. So by the end of the game it would be a mess getting all those people back on the roads.

Eagles-Vikings game postponed to Tuesday night | 6abc.com

It's only postponed till Tuesday. This way everyone can watch and not miss the amazing Eagles kicking the balls out of the Vikings. :p Now that the Eagles have won the NFC East after the Giants folded in Green Bay, 45-17. :D

With the holiday traffic and this major storm, the right call was made. Winds are so high no way would they be able to complete a pass! Can't even shovel this stuff right now the wind is blowing so hard.:)

They play games in the fog,when you cant see anything.I thought lightning storms was the only thing to cancels a NFL game for ? The NFL is going down hill in my opinion.

Winds are so high no way would they be able to complete a pass! Can't even shovel this stuff right now the wind is blowing so hard.:)

Perfect. I'm in the finals of my fantasy football league and the guy I'm going against has Vick as his QB. That would have helped guarantee me a win!!

i don't think the NFL is a bunch opf pussies when it comes to snow- i think the tv ratings of a blizzard game would more than make up for the lost revenue from people not being at the stadium for the game- i honestly think that people on the east coast are a bunch of pussies when it comes to snow. but only the people right on the coast- the inland people don't seem to be so damn whiny.
i have one of the cable news channels on as background noise right now, and all they've talked about for the last half hour is the snow in NYC. they went to at least 3 different reporters that all said "omg!!! it's still snowing. in December. look, i'm standing in a snow bank!! lol!!".

football is supposed to be an outdoor sport that is played at a time of the year when a lot of snow sometimes happens. would this much snow have stopped a football game at the old Met stadium in Minneapolis in the 60's and 70's? no- they would have plowed it off and played the damn game.. and the stands would have been full- at a period in time when people drove cars that had craptastic bias ply tires and without antilock brakes to and from the stadium.
how many games at Lambeau Field have been canceled due to a little bit of snow? how about Soldier Field? don't the Buffalo Bills play in an outdoor stadium? Pittsburgh? how many of their games have been canceled or delayed due to weather? what was the weather like in Minneapolis last Monday for the Vikings game at the Gopher's shiny new outdoor stadium? i don't even really give a crap about football or the Vikings, but i wanted to watch that game because that's how football is supposed to be played and i remember watching Vikings games on tv when they played outdoors and it was magical i nthe winter time.. sadly, i was at work and had to settle for listening to it on the radio..

That bad huh?
Sounds like an average winter day around here.;)

+1 We get 20" of lake effect snow and no one panics here. A little snow hits the east coast and the east coast national media calls it a "monster snowstorm". The woosification of America continues.....

+1 We get 20" of lake effect snow and no one panics here. A little snow hits the east coast and the east coast national media calls it a "monster snowstorm". The woosification of America continues.....

I guess it's all what you're used to.
Me?
I've followed a snow plow to the mall to pick up some things I needed after fighting my way out of the building lot with 6" deep snow.
Of course plows do a brisk business up here when we get heavy snow.
Buck up baby.
Let's rock and roll!:)

Well at least Eagles owner got a nice phone call today....

Obama commends Eagles for Vick's second chance | 6abc.com

:D

NFL Was the one who pulled the plug on the game so don't blame the city. Even our governor was pissed at the NFL for not having the game. It's ok tho we'll make history once again. The last Tuesday night game was 64 years ago. :cool:

I was just over at the stadium. Hard to find any snow anywhere. Smart thing to by calling the game. We had white outs all day/night and then it all froze right around when the game would have been let out. There would have been a lot of dead people on the roads last night. Normally I like to see football games in the snow but this was one of those ones the NFL made the right call by pulling the plug on the game no matter how you slice it up.

Well at least Eagles owner got a nice phone call today....

Obama commends Eagles for Vick's second chance | 6abc.com

:D

NFL Was the one who pulled the plug on the game so don't blame the city. Even our governor was pissed at the NFL for not having the game. It's ok tho we'll make history once again. The last Tuesday night game was 64 years ago. :cool:

I was just over at the stadium. Hard to find any snow anywhere. Smart thing to by calling the game. We had white outs all day/night and then it all froze right around when the game would have been let out. There would have been a lot of dead people on the roads last night. Normally I like to see football games in the snow but this was one of those ones the NFL made the right call by pulling the plug on the game no matter how you slice it up.

Are you fn kidding me,now obama is ok with the dog killing thing.I think im the only one thats not ok with it,yet.Conform or be castout i guess

1. How could you possibly call an NFL player a pu$$y? They are incredibly tough?

2. The game was changed because the blizzard was to hit at night. 60,000 people leave a game at night with 2.5 feet of snow on there car. Thats a problem.

3. It was changed to Tuesday because the Monday night game is good (ratings) and the Eagles are by far the biggest draw this year. Money is why it wasnt played monday.