a little smoke.

jamier

hey all ajust a question, I recently changed my motor due to an antifreeze mixing with the oil blowout that happened in bowling green. I took apart all the parts and cleaned everything as best as i could. I reused the major parts ie, turbo intercooler exc, when i swapped the motor. The enging I put in hadent run for 3 years but was oiled in the cylinders and kept covered. The motor ran fine till yesterday when I noticed white plumes of smoke from the tailpipes. the smoke is not constant but is present. just wondering if this smoke could be the signs os a valve guide or maby a ring, possibly the turbo from the oil water mix??. when I was putting the motor together I changed my valve springs and had to tap on 1 of the valves a few times to get it to seal properly the valve was a bit stuck but like i said after all was together the motor ran fine. I just changed the oil today and noticed nothing contaminating it so before i do a compression test just figured Is ask you all. any advice???? thanks

if it's from the turbo you will see it in the pipes

and as far as the other stuff - I am suprised somebody did not all ready say: Leak Down test

hey all ajust a question, I recently changed my motor due to an antifreeze mixing with the oil blowout that happened in bowling green. I took apart all the parts and cleaned everything as best as i could. I reused the major parts ie, turbo intercooler exc, when i swapped the motor. The enging I put in hadent run for 3 years but was oiled in the cylinders and kept covered. The motor ran fine till yesterday when I noticed white plumes of smoke from the tailpipes. the smoke is not constant but is present. just wondering if this smoke could be the signs os a valve guide or maby a ring, possibly the turbo from the oil water mix??. when I was putting the motor together I changed my valve springs and had to tap on 1 of the valves a few times to get it to seal properly the valve was a bit stuck but like i said after all was together the motor ran fine. I just changed the oil today and noticed nothing contaminating it so before i do a compression test just figured Is ask you all. any advice???? thanks
could have hurt the turbo?