A little 80' Regal from France

pretty cool to have some guys from france on here:eek: thats a long way from the U.S! very cool:cool:

if you get a pressure washer to that white paint, it would probably all peel off, and get down to the original color! I would try it..

if you get a pressure washer to that white paint, it would probably all peel off, and get down to the original color! I would try it..

I would try it too, the white paint is like "bathroom" paint, elastic as rubbber, if you see what I mean, and can be removed with high presure washer.The original blue paint under it looking good (apparently it was not papersanded....).

Why not :wink:

That SBC is probably from a Truck,maybe a panel van or motor home? That would explain the weird accessory brackets.

Maybe, don't know actually.

I must identify the engine next time i go to see my car (it's stocked in a friend's garage and I haven't got car to go there, my daily car was thefted 6 months ago :mad: ).

Salut toi, merci pour les liens :cool: Que le V6 soit avec toi mon ami :smile:

T'as vu, j'ai osé faire un topic sur TurboBuick , entre toi et ta firebird et ma pauvre Buick toute dépravée, ils vont prendre les francais pour des fous :wink:

As you see, I dared to make a thread on TurboBuick's forum, between you and your firebird and my poor almost stray Buick, they will take French for crazy guys ! :wink:

Bonne chance avec ton Bullet. C`est beau de voir un Buick en France.
Ici a Montreal, nous somme une petit gang de Bombe 86 et 87..:smile:
garder nous au courant avec le project...

Joe

Some news !

The project was in standby these last years, but now i have time to begin work on the Regal in good conditions. (y)
The SBC is blocked, but I don't know yet if it's a rust blocking.... :confused:
I remove the valve cover, rocker arms, push rods and valves looking good, lifters are blocked however. No trace of corosion except on the rocker arm's studs just under the oil refill orifice, probably from ambient humidity....
Lot of carbon deposit in the intake manifold, segmentation is probably out of use.

Next step : removal of the engine and transmission (identified as a TH-350 thru the oil pan design) to remove easily the heads cylinder (damned bolts under exhaust manifold !! :angry:).

Some pics :

moteurbuick029.jpg

moteurbuick021.jpg

moteurbuick023.jpg

moteurbuick025.jpg

Carbonized oil :
moteurbuick028.jpg

:clonk:

Latest works : the block and tranny are now out of engine compartment.

dsc0042e.jpg

Heads removed... it's like a bad horror movie, take a look :

snc00108t.jpg

snc00109.jpg

The liquid is a mix of WD40 and diesel put in cylinders when i got the car some years ago...
The strange thing is the engine's looking great... there just had water that corrode the metal on segment's contact zone. This engine did not run much because the parts are not worn.
The camshaft :
dsc0044b.jpg

The pistons :
dsc0045jj.jpg

The only one with segments "welded in" :
dsc0047j.jpg

A head, after a little cleanup :
dsc0051be.jpg

dsc0053k.jpg

And finally the block :
dsc0054o.jpg

Details of corroded cylinder :
dsc0055yt.jpg

That is a nice Regal you have and that is one of the crustiest small block chevy's I've even seen, That's awesome. I like the progress

The TH-350 :
dsc0065x.jpg

dsc0069f.jpg

No trace of rust and discs looking very good. Verification on dissassembly for confrmation.

And the car actually :
snc00001.jpg

I found a 350SBC from a 71 Camaro. Hope the tranny is good and just need a rebuild kit !

Next step : identify wiring and rebuild it, remove acc. in the compartment, clean it and paint it, and renew the front axle (bushing, suspenssion, etc...).

Looking foward to more of your posts on the car. I must've missed it when ou started on it. Glad to see another saved.

Thanks. I've got a friend in Norway that I've been helping put his Skyhawk back together so if you need something I'm used to sending parts overseas. Just send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

The TH-350 :
dsc0065x.jpg

dsc0069f.jpg

No trace of rust and discs looking very good. Verification on dissassembly for confrmation.

And the car actually :
snc00001.jpg

I found a 350SBC from a 71 Camaro. Hope the tranny is good and just need a rebuild kit !

Next step : identify wiring and rebuild it, remove acc. in the compartment, clean it and paint it, and renew the front axle (bushing, suspenssion, etc...).

geez I never knew thats what the inside of an automatic transmission looked like.....:eek:

I know I’m jumping in a little late, but wow some one from France. that is way cool. Very nice find all it needs is a little work. I know where you can get paint cheep if are not afraid to try to paint. very cool