A good turbo to run low 11's?

i am jealous my friend, still rocking a 108k stocker....
i bet .. Ratt , bon jovie, def leapard the two handed version ,warrant,billy idol ,stix,reo speedwagon,billy squire,bob sieger ,and my favorite judas preist . Guess what song ..

i bet .. Ratt , bon jovie, def leapard the two handed version ,warrant,billy idol ,stix,reo speedwagon,billy squire,bob sieger ,and my favorite judas preist . Guess what song ..

Turbo Lover? =)

Q: What has 9 arms and sucks??

A: Def Leppard.

Just a little ha-ha among all the serious turbo talk!! :biggrin:

Low 11's and already has heads and 212/212. 6076 for $595. I can sell you one with no run time on the cartridge for $595 with a Garrett .63 for $595. If you want to spend $1k extra you can get a 6262 ball bearing which is a low 10 sec turbo with the right combo. You are better off putting that $1k towards a ptc 9.5" converter

What is the right combo for a 6262 to go low 10 seconds? Otto is installing a 6262 on my GN very soon.

What is the right combo for a 6262 to go low 10 seconds? Otto is installing a 6262 on my GN very soon.
PTC 9.5" converter, decent heads, compression ratio, cam choice. 116 octane 30-32psi. 28" or taller slicks. You need everything working for you. You will not get there throwing parts at it. You need to plan everything and build it around the turbo being the limitation. If your heads were a little lagging or its an 8:1 engine it might take 35psi to run bottom tens.

PTC 9.5" converter, decent heads, compression ratio, cam choice. 116 octane 30-32psi. 28" or taller slicks. You need everything working for you. You will not get there throwing parts at it. You need to plan everything and build it around the turbo being the limitation. If your heads were a little lagging or its an 8:1 engine it might take 35psi to run bottom tens.

Otto installed ported Champion heads a few weeks ago. Little concerned about running 30-32 lb of boost. Running 23 lbs of boost now. Probably feel more comfortable if it had better rods.

Otto installed ported Champion heads a few weeks ago. Little concerned about running 30-32 lb of boost. Running 23 lbs of boost now. Probably feel more comfortable if it had better rods.
If you're looking to run bottom 10's which to me is faster than 10.20 it will take around 30psi. The stock rods aren't prone to failure. The block and pistons would likely break first. If you're looking to run bottom 10's with a 6262 on a stock shortblock you could break anything at anytime.

What kind of 60' would you think it'd take with around 25psi? Reason I ask is I'm considering swaping in a glide, brake, custom converter and 224/224 roller. The 1/8th time in sig was on 25psi with initial spike to 27psi and the 60' was in the 1.5 range.

What kind of 60' would you think it'd take with around 25psi? Reason I ask is I'm considering swaping in a glide, brake, custom converter and 224/224 roller.
Im assuming you aere asking what 60' it will take to run bottom 10's? My answer is that it wont be possible to run that quick at 25psi if you have a full weight car even with everything working for you. A glide would not be ideal either unless you are planning on running a different 1st ratio and running a 224/224 roller would squueze the usable power band and move it upwards which is not what you wold want to do with that turbo. From 4800-5600 on a 231ci that turbo will make the most power right around 30psi. Thats where you want the engine to spend most of its time. Running a 29" slick or going to 3.23's would help a lot if you have a converter that can couple it.b Id stay with that 212/212, get a 9.5" PTC and plan on running upwards of 30psi. Get some track time at 25psi and then crank it upwards and you should be able to get it down alot quicker than anyone has yet with this turbo.