A good turbo to run low 11's?

Grandn2

I'm lookin to run low 11's maybe get in the 10's. What is a good turbo and converter to run. Its mainly goin to be street driven. Currently I have port/polish dls irons with matching intake, 60's,tt chip,212/212 tappet cam...

Look at my sig, you can't beat the new pte billet dbb turbos. I'm sure the 6262 will get you into the high 10's with a decent converter. My Pats 2800 10" lockup converter has been good so far, especially if you don't go to the track often.

The infamous Precision billet 6262 journal bearing. Converter choice is not too hard. I would say a converter that stalls at 26-2800 is respectable. 3000 is going to be fun and 3200 a tire shredding machine. I have 3 friends with that Turbo. All used the Precision Vigilante converter. Really fun to drive themselves and one has heads and cam. Make sure you get the newest 62 turbine wheel if you want the most powerful 6262 unit.

The 9/11 seems to be a good lock-up unit. Cars have went in the tens plenty of time with those. The Precision Vigilante multi-disk is nice but rattles at idle sometimes LOL. The Pats units are popular but not too sure about locking them at wide open throttle. The Edge units are making their way into more cars and so are Pro Torque. The PTC reps will respond shortly LOL.

Lock up converters are nice for more street orientated cars the see more highway time. The keep the RPM lower and help save fuel. The Non lock up PTC I had and the NL Art Carr I tried were fine to me but I'm not very picky when it comes to the detailed driveability.

Save the ball bearing money and get a real good wastegate setup like the RJC pipe with the big Puck or a external setup to control that Turbo. I like the simple RJC internal gate stainless 3 inch downpipe and Heavy Duty wastegate. Just ordered them for a car and that pipe is a work of art!

hi, i have a billet wheel 6262 journal bearing turbo with less than 1800 miles on it i am going to list soon, contact me if u are interested, thanks

The 6262 will be more than enough.
You could do this with 5862 as well.

Low 11's and already has heads and 212/212. 6076 for $595. I can sell you one with no run time on the cartridge for $595 with a Garrett .63 for $595. If you want to spend $1k extra you can get a 6262 ball bearing which is a low 10 sec turbo with the right combo. You are better off putting that $1k towards a ptc 9.5" converter

So I can get in the low 11's high 10's with my set up and the 6076? Whats the peak hp on that turbo and whats better the dbb or journal

Whats the recipe oil man? I know I have to get a 3 in dp! Do I need a power plate and all the extra lil stuff? I do have a stock Bottom but I'm goin to upgrade that cuz I spun a bearing.

whats the recipe oil man? I know i have to get a 3 in dp! Do i need a power plate and all the extra lil stuff? I do have a stock bottom but i'm goin to upgrade that cuz i spun a bearing.
100 octane tt chip/ported stock irons 100pd springs/ls1 maff & trans /te-60/pte slic/motron 60's /rjc power plate & pcv check valve/kb 3"dp/lonnie diers stage 1/ptc 3000/stock lower end built by gearhead/gnx rear suspention/toyo proxes tq 255-50-16 drag radials .still performs well on the street . & a monster at the track when the gas & the tune are good ..

strongly consider the

ptb003-6076 6076e

http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbo...s/details/entry-level-turbocharger---6076e/64
msrp: $599.99

or the

ptb001-6069* ta54 t04 69 trim 59mm inducer $649.99

http://www.precisionturbo.net/news/...buick-pontiac-entry-level-turbos-available/89

i would not get the a turbo with the t31, 76 trim turbine wheel if you are shooting for 10s.
Not saying it can't be done, just not my first choice.

Best regards,
great john i bought the wrong turbo .. I think the new one i have is rated around 600hp .. Im a fan of stock cover . I just find when getting over 600hp on the street the cars get a bit cranky .. I slug on mine everyday without issue ..

great john i bought the wrong turbo .. I think the new one i have is rated around 600hp .. Im a fan of stock cover . I just find when getting over 600hp on the street the cars get a bit cranky .. I slug on mine everyday without issue ..

I am jealous my friend, still rocking a 108k stocker....