A good read on gas prices

While we are invading countries for their resources *supposedly*.... we should have invaded several parts of africa they have resources far more valuable than oil, like diamonds, nuclear materials, etc

I think its funny how these left wing whackos criticize our foreign policy with isolationist arguments, then try to play the compassion card in the same hand.... by that reasoning you should think the vietnam war was justifiable (which it was just fought wrong) we should have gone into cambodia, and we shouldnt have pulled out after the black hawk down incident in somalia.

Originally posted by wiked87gn
yeah i would say is all about supply and demand, we have the supply but guess who controls it, the many companies that invested in Iraq who where qued and backed up by our beloved president this whole thing has dollars signs and huge profits all over it for those who followed and backed up our president in invading Iraq, we didn't invade Iraq to save people from thier dictator, we invaded or should i say bush invaded with one thing in mind, (BLACK GOLD), and he and investors that backed him up invested millions off dollars in it before sending our boys in there to die..lots of people don't like to hear the truth and the truth is plain and simple and out in the open..

LOL.

Here you go... this ought to help in your future postings

Conspiracy Theory Generator

Originally posted by The Blob
LOL.

Here you go... this ought to help in your future postings

Conspiracy Theory Generator
Hey look what I found on that site!!

"George W. Bush invaded Iraq so that SUV owners could kill Iraqis."
Wow, I'm trying to figure out why all the soccor mom's aren't over there driving around in the their SUVs and talking on the phone while accidently running over people :D Then stopping to fill up with all that free gasoline they have over there :D

Please move this to the Politics board, (as if we didn't know it would go that way from the first post), that way I can successfully avoid arguing.

It's just a shame that all political arguments are distilled down to:

Bush-hater/Bush-Lover

or Clinton-hater/Clinton-lover.

If only the issues were as simple as the people arguing.

(If that sounds rude I apologize in advance, but good intelligent political conversations are as extinct as the Dodo bird)

my 2-cents

Originally posted by Pablo
as for the other guy (that would be me) with the supply and demand thing
you are still buying gasoline despite the price increase right?

Ummm...

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
The only problem with the supply and demand concept with gasoline is that there is no way to carry on your life in the form we know it today without gasoline.

Bingo...

We may not be able to carry out life as we know it without gas, but if the price affects you too much there are lots of things you can do to make the price affect you less.

I've been driving my $1500, 30 mpg crap box. Those $14 fillups are KILLING me. I almost can't afford that $.99 Freezoni and $.69 Krispy Kreme.

I spend more on Cable TV per month :rolleyes:

Now THERE was a monoply.

As someone said, even when the gas prices go up, we keep buying. The same is true for food, realistically I should probably eat 20% less than I do. I will always need food but I can use less if I put my mind to it.

The same is more true for gas. Realistically we all need gas in some quantity but we could all use a LOT less if we wanted to. The truth is most people on this board, any car board, probably use a lot more gas than most people.

In Europe gas prices are artificially high and it controls consumption very well. It also drives innovation. Personnally, despite the pain of higher oil prices, if it means that Western countries wean themselves off of oil we will all be better off. Alternative energy can move into the mainstream instead of being the realm of tree hugging sandal wearing granola eaters.

OPEC's (and terrorists, and oil companies) greatest fear is that we successfully lose our appetite for oil and suddenly we don't need them anymore.

Wow this thread has legs :D

I did know my post was political? please explain how gas talk has to do anything with politics? I did not know the gas companies are located in DC?

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
I did know my post was political? please explain how gas talk has to do anything with politics? I did not know the gas companies are located in DC? [/B]

Puh-lease, the answer to your question is located in 90% of the above posts, and even contained within your original post:

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
Should the government set price caps on gasoline prices? If it did, why would oil companies continue to make gasoline? Without profit, what's their motivation?

---cut---

And that's also one reason oil supplies are tight today: not enough money has been invested in drilling new wells. We'd rather see oil companies making the cash they need to poke new holes in the ground. Unless they do, oil supplies will remain tight and prices will continue to move even higher.

---cut---

But most of the money you're spending to fill up your gas tank is going to big oil producers like Saudi Arabia and Iran. The United States produces about 10 percent of the world's oil supplies (and falling). OPEC produces four times that much.
[/B]

In those three sections you touched on 3 separate poitical hot-buttons.

I will not jump into any of these political arguments, but considering the world as it is, any oil/gas talk which spreads past quality and octane is by nature a political discussion. And it is diengenuous to claim otherwise.

And to answer your last statement (or question) "I did not know the gas companies are located in DC? " With the number of lobbyists and OPEC Nation Embassies in DC, you bet your ass they are located in DC.

Duh the lobbyist for any industry is in DC I know that. But the corporations themselves are not there.

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
Hey look what I found on that site!!

"George W. Bush invaded Iraq so that SUV owners could kill Iraqis."
Wow, I'm trying to figure out why all the soccor mom's aren't over there driving around in the their SUVs and talking on the phone while accidently running over people :D Then stopping to fill up with all that free gasoline they have over there :D

Hello Jackass, this is sarcasim 101.
I'm sorry, you do not belong here.
You are to report to the principles office ASAP!! :mad:

BTW, I've been there and done that!!!!!:mad:

Originally posted by Army MP
Hello Jackass, this is sarcasim 101.
No crap, you got to be kidding me.....I thought that was real :rolleyes: Lighten up....now off to better things to do with my time besides political BS agruments which no one ever wins since their are too many idiots in the world.....

Just be glad you guys are not over here in Germany. After the excange rate to us dollars, it cost almost $7 bucks a gallon for the good stuff. Premiem sells for about $2.80 on base though.

From what I understand this difference from $2.80 to $7 is because we do not pay German taxes. So those of yaul who blame the President for what yaul pay for gas, just be glad to live where you do.

But these 3rd world countries aren't training and conspiring with people to carry out terroristic activities against the US, thats the key difference here

Where the hell were you September 11?

MORON?!:mad:

A quote from 2Quick6

Originally posted by Army MP
But these 3rd world countries aren't training and conspiring with people to carry out terroristic activities against the US, thats the key difference here

Where the hell were you September 11?

MORON?!:mad:

A quote from 2Quick6
You need to learn to read punk, then go back and reread the thread before you start calling people JA and morons.... I'm talking about the 3rd World countries that the US is NOT invading in Africa.

Bush would have sent US troops to Rwanda and 800,000 people (n****** to you) would not have had to die.

LMAO!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

UNGN... Here's a little link to open your eyes...

LINK

Please don't dilute yourself into thinking Bush is looking out for the Avg. American. He's looking out for big business/big oil.

Originally posted by 1QWIK6
LMAO!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

UNGN... Here's a little link to open your eyes...

LINK

Please don't dilute yourself into thinking Bush is looking out for the Avg. American. He's looking out for big business/big oil.

Dilute? :rolleyes:

The Rwanda genocide WAS in 1995. Clinton WAS President. If George Bush had beat Clinton in 1992, HE WOULD have sent troops to Rwanda.

Clinton just stood by and watched, not wanting another "Black Hawk Down", which ALSO happened on Clinton's watch.

You can post your stupid moveon.org propaganda videos all you want, that doesn't change the ACTUAL past.

Guys, this is the lounge, not the PV forum. Keep politics out or it will be relocated.

Bishir, your mom was a wise lady. And that is all I have to say about that.