A Friendly Hello From Eastern Ontario!

Gibber

Greetings to all of you Buick crazies!

I have recently inherited my father's Silver 1987 Regal T Type. Pops ordered it brand new back in the day & other than a short ownership stint w/ a gentleman in the St. Catherines/Niagara region during the early 90's, the 'Silver Bullet' has been in my family it's whole life.

THE GOOD:
Other than some rust coming through the carpet over both floor pans, the interior is essentially in time-capsule condition.

The motor & tranny are pretty much in time-capsule condition as well other than requiring a replacement of all the fluids & belts; she turns over first crank every time & other than being a tad lazy with the 3-4 shift at times, the tranny & rear end should be good to go with a fluid change.

Body is more or less straight with only one major blemish that stands out (missing piece of front bumper on driver's side).

THE BAD:
The driver's side floor pan is on its way out...no getting around it, the whole pan needs to be replaced...and if she is going to get pulled apart to do that one, I may as well get the driver + passenger floor pans done PROPERLY while someone is elbow-deep.

Front Outer Tie Rods need replacing...rather than replacing bits & pieces, I would like to just get new complete Tie Rod Assemblies for the front (Hotchkis?)

New Brake Lines front to back.

New Fuel Lines front to back.

Windsheild Washer Squirters need replacing.

1/4" Wheel Spacers front + rear to prevent any further rubbing (235 front tires, 255 rear tires on 16" GTA wheels)

A chunk of plastic was knocked out of the driver's side front bumper at some point while it was in storage; I still have the piece that fell out & am hoping a good body shop could give it a little love.

Beyond all that, the old girl is a prime candidate for a nice mountain cruiser out west in the new year (I am originally from Eastern Ontario, but am currently calling Jasper National Park in Alberta home).

Any & all comments/guidance the community could throw my way would be EXTREMELY appreciated!

If there are any shops in Eastern Ontario/GTA that may be interested in a small winter restoration project I am MOST CERTAINLY open to discussion.

Attachments

• regalturbo_sideprofile.jpg
    regalturbo_sideprofile.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 81
  • regalturbo_frontangle.jpg
    regalturbo_frontangle.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 79
  • regalturbo_enginebay.jpg
    regalturbo_enginebay.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 77
  • regalturbo_enginebay2.jpg
    regalturbo_enginebay2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 89
  • regalturbo_gaugecluster.jpg
    regalturbo_gaugecluster.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Welcome to the site. Great looking hot rod. I've never been to The Great White North. However, I did go to see RUSH last week.:D
But seriously, there's lots of good info and great people here. Let us know if you have any questions and happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

And seriously, RUSH did totally KICK ASS!:D