A few crazy Hybrids!!!

That poor Nova got parted out, he blew the motor and sold the car as a roller, I picked up the headers, balancer, block, rods,oil setup and few misc items.

Prasad

That's crazy that he just gave up on it..... man, that thing was sweet!

Here are few pics of my buddy's 2008 CTS, 4.1 girdled motor. It's almost done, he had to move the whole fuse box and relocate it along with a lot other stuff. She is coming together nicely. This one is way more complicated than the 2003 CTS he did back in 2003.

Prasad

TOO COOL! That thing is gonna move!!!

Here are few pics of my buddy's 2008 CTS, 4.1 girdled motor. It's almost done, he had to move the whole fuse box and relocate it along with a lot other stuff. She is coming together nicely. This one is way more complicated than the 2003 CTS he did back in 2003.

Prasad

Not that i don't like it but what made him do that to a 2008 cts? They cost so much just to begin with and the amount of work that would need to be done with electronics and such. Very nice tho.

Not that i don't like it but what made him do that to a 2008 cts? They cost so much just to begin with and the amount of work that would need to be done with electronics and such. Very nice tho.

He did a 2003 CTS in 2003 or 2004, that car burn down when his shop caught on fire. So he is replacing it with an 08. It just goes to show you that when you are hooked on these little Buick V6, all you think of is to stuff that power train in anything you can get your hands on. At least that is the way I think. I think all the cars I have, if the motor goes out in any of them, I will not hesitate stuffing a Buick V6 in the form of Stage II or production motor.

I guess doing something out of the norm is what makes you stand out. His 2003 Caddy made the GM High tech magazine. Back in the late 80's he did a Lemans station wagon with LC2 and used to clean up the street scenes. Then right after that he did a black Rx7 and bought it to Bowling Green in the early 90's and inspired a lot of people. Now most of the hybrids are RX7s or a G bodys which is fine but I think doing something out of the ordinary is more fun.

Just my $.02

Prasad:D

Here's one of my favorites for you

I saved the pics because it's a really nice car. It also weighs less than 2000 lbs and it aint a stock drive line. I read the blog on it and it's an original Brittish performance car that the engie crapped in so he decided to restomod it. I think it came out really nice myself.:biggrin:

Attachments

• P7160199.jpg
    P7160199.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 661
  • P7260230.jpg
    P7260230.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 649
  • P7260243.jpg
    P7260243.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 647
  • P7260237.jpg
    P7260237.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 660
I saved the pics because it's a really nice car. It also weighs less than 2000 lbs and it aint a stock drive line. I read the blog on it and it's an original Brittish performance car that the engie crapped in so he decided to restomod it. I think it came out really nice myself.:biggrin:

Wow, very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Prasad

hmmm... wonder if it was a TVR or a Griffith model ??

Can't tell you Dan. I was amazed how much work he had to do to fix the frame though. Wish I'd saved more pics of the restoration though. It was really rough when he started.

Can't tell you Dan. I was amazed how much work he had to do to fix the frame though. Wish I'd saved more pics of the restoration though. It was really rough when he started.

well the frames were a problem (rotting out) > I would think someone would have made a copy.. there really isn't that much to it . I came "close to buying" a few in the early 70s .. Griffiths 200/400 models .. Had the ol 289 Fords in em . Cool car for the day BUT that Buick would be soooo much better !!:cool:

I'm gonna go ahead and add my 83' Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser wagon to the list....it's a crazy hybrid; at least to me. ;) I just got it last month (Jan. 2010), but have been involved with the build process since my friend bought it as a survivor with the original V8.

-Stock 109 block with Speed Pro .40 over pistons, Stock Crank, Stock rods, Billet Main Caps (Balanced and Blue Printed by JMS Racing Engines)
-Stock Heads, ported and polished by GN1performance to match GN1 heads
-Intake Manifold ported to match heads
-Isky 214/214 Camshaft
-62mm Jay Jackson Throttle Body
-Innovative T62 Ball Bearing Turbo
-Mototron/Siemens 60lb injectors
-Aeromotive A1000 External Fuel Pump
-PTE Stock Location Intercooler with Tial Blow Off Valve
-MAF Translator with ZO6 4" MAF
-3" Downpipe with 3" Single Shot Exhaust
-Fully Built Trans by Hye Tech Performance
-Art Carr (CPT) 9" 3200-3400 Non-Lockup Converter
-GN 8.5 Diff.

There is so much to list; I'm sure I forgot a bunch of things we did to the car. Almost all the engine bolts are ARP.

aabomb043.jpg
aabomb045.jpg
aabomb046.jpg
aabomb047.jpg
aabomb048.jpg
aabomb049.jpg
IMG00011.jpg
IMG00013.jpg
IMG00246.jpg

I love that black Vette! Buick guys don't seem to like the Monte Carlo's so here's my "crazy" hybrid. What was i thinking?:D

Attachments

• ATR bar 244.jpg
    ATR bar 244.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 539
  • ATR bar 242.jpg
    ATR bar 242.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 553
I love that black Vette! Buick guys don't seem to like the Monte Carlo's so here's my "crazy" hybrid. What was i thinking?:D

Man, that is cool! I'll bet people are pulling up next to you all the time saying, "dude, nice T-type bro"!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

A couple more for ya:eek:

Attachments

• DSC03097.JPG
    DSC03097.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 444
  • all under the hood .JPG
    all under the hood .JPG
    26 KB · Views: 438
  • enginebay1.jpg
    enginebay1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 451
nova hybird

A couple more that really caught my eye!!!

I built this car back in 1998,for show only.but then many ask to see it run.the best with no tune up was 8.90 146 mph.sold it just after that cant remember to who. thanks duane cole:)

heres dick walkers chevelle. also got 1 pic of a willys from the nationals too but cant find it.
P5030003.jpg

heres a coupe
369cf.jpg

Thats it! Im building one of those Volvo wagons! Anyone have any more pics of it? How are the rear ends on those? I think mine will have a Cammed LS1 tho...lol.I want to hold on to my Buick motors.