A/C leaking

BBcallaway

Im pretty sure my A/C system has a leak. Short of have it pressure tested anyone have a likely solution to my leak. my compressor, dryer or is there another possible location to check? Is there something behind the dash that could also be leaking system?

Thanks

The sarcastic answer would be all of those spots ;) I think it is fairly common for a leak at the front of the compressor and the schrader valves. Sometimes a little soap and water can help you find them but to be honest a pressure test will likely need to be done to make sure.

Last edited:
Funny thing, going through the exact same thing myself. Black cars need AC. lol. My car was leaking at compressor seal (common with R-4) and also discovered CP shell is leaking at the rear. Could not have found the rear leak without a proper leak check. All in all, a thorough leak check should be done to properly identify leaks and not guesswork or percentages. Too many possible areas for leaks to throw $$ at. Chris

Nothing behind dash can leak...Only thing behind dash is vac lines and duct

Do yourself a favor and get the kit that has the dye, the glasses and the special flashlight. It's like $20 at the parts store.
Add some dye to the system, run the a/c and then look for the dye.
When you open the system (after you find the leak), it's a good idea to go ahead and replace all the o-rings while you're in there. (also available at the parts store for a few bucks)