a/c eliminator

The Don

Banned
I'm wondering if anyone knows who makes a dummy pulley for the ac unit for the grand nationals?....I want to eliminate the ac unit

Don, Either go to the scrap yard or dealer looking for the ac delete pulley off of a mid 90's S10, unfortunately I dont have the part number handy, maybe do a search on this board to find it! Good luck, Mike

Don, You would be looking for an AC delete pulley off a mid 90's S10 or Jimmy. Gm Still stocks these or you can go to a wrecker and pull it yourself. HTH, Mike

I never used a kit. And honestly have not heard of one. I just removed the compressor and associated hoses. Replaced it with the ac delete pulley and was set. Thats all that I did!
Mike.
P.S. Sorry for the double post!

conley's sells the delete pulley for like 30 bucks. everyone i know who has one has had to trim the bracket to get the pulleys to line up.

T-Type Mike:
-is there any procedure with removing the ac and installing the s10 delete pully?

-I just purchased the delete pulley 2day and Iv'e never removed the ac system b4!

any help would be appreciated thanks!

When we install the A/C delete pulley, we also modify or make a new alternator Y bracket. This will raise the alt about 1" so you can use a stock belt and keep the tensioner in the proper position. Actually cheaper to do this than buy a new belt.:) [Works better too!]

will it bolt up stock though, I mean with out modifing the bracket?

~is there any procedure with removing the ac and installing the s10 delete pully?~

If you do not modify the "Y" bracket, you will need a shorter belt for it to work properly.

I picked up one of the delete pulleys, but have yet to figure out how the Y bracket installs when there's nothing to bolt the one leg of the Y to. Does anyone have pics, preferrably with the air filter to turbo pipe out so it can be seen?

This is what it looks like with the Y bracket and AC eliminator pulley. I have since cut off the extra piece of the bracket just to clean it up a little.

Steve

Attachments

• 101_1534.jpg
    101_1534.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 249
  • 101_1535.jpg
    101_1535.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 217