A/C delco pcv valve

obrut

Finally (after a year) getting back to working on my WE4. Before i put it away i was having a problem with it buring oil and smoking at idle. I have a rebuilt engine and new turbo but its still doing it. Did a compression test and everything seems good. Still have not done a leak down test. My question is i have a fram pcv valve in there now could this be causing my smokeing problems? Does the A/C delco pcv make that much of a difference? What are some other things i can check to cure this problem?

Is it still using oil & smoking or just smoking?
Wrong PVC could cause smoking and a little oil consumption.

Its not using a lot of oil but it lets out a big puff when i start it then it burns a little oil at idle. I had this problem before i rebuilt the engine too. I thought it was the turbo and i want a larger one so thats why i got a new turbo. When i pull the dog house off i can see oil residue in the intake. I ported and polished the intake and cut the egr tower down to the floor and had it welded closed. I'm also using the stock intake gasket the one that shaped like a V. The only other thing i can think of is pulling off the valve springs and checking the seals. Should there be seals on both valves?

Yes i had new guids installed but i did not pull the heads apart to check before i put them on.

Thats funny, I have the same problem but mine does it intermittantly. I stop at a light and the car smokes. I stop at another light, and it doesnt. Maybe the Pcv is sticking open.I did put a GM one in about 2 months ago. Im interested in some replys also. SeeYa, Mike

GNational86, sounds more like you have a bad turbo seal. I had one intermittently smoke and it was a bad seal in the turbo. I hardly doubt your 2 month old PCV valve is sticking open! Good Luck! Randall

I can't seem to find A/C delco pcv valves at my local auto parts stores, were else can i find them?

got back to working on it again

I bought a PCV fro the dealer and installed it but it still smokes, any other ideas? Should i push it off a cliff? :confused:

I just had my stock turbo redone a couple thousand miles ago. Car was smoking before but after rebuild, no smoke. Now, I'm starting to smoke again at idle. Not as bad, but bad enough to piss me off. I think it's the turbo again. I'll be taking it back again next week. By then I figure I'll be convinced it's the turbo seal..:mad: