a 9.50 combo with a 109 block???????

Yes, the link on RJC's site is for the Zimmerman racing built 109. Nick Micale said a stage 2 was cheaper. :p Plus he had Cal Hartline tuning and driving. And I believe some sort of "custom" turbo from Precision. I could imagine the time and money it took to make that run. :biggrin: Awesome feat though.

If Nick Micale is out there, I would seriously like to see a part by part buildup of both engines (Stage 2 and 109) built for 9's side by side and just compare the costs. I'd be curious of the difference. Nick you out there? Got a minute?:biggrin:

I guess I should sell my 109 since it isn't going to run 9s without a lot of $$$..

Seriously, With the price of parts now it isn't very much more to build a tough 109 to run 9s. I don't have much money in mine compared to finding a usuable Stage II block then getting custom everything to put inside it. You can build a reliable high 9 sec 109 for under $10k. The problem is all the other stuff that you have to have to make it run that fast. XFI, Convertor, Trans, Rear, Suspension, etc..

I guess I should sell my 109 since it isn't going to run 9s without a lot of $$$..

Seriously, With the price of parts now it isn't very much more to build a tough 109 to run 9s. I don't have much money in mine compared to finding a usuable Stage II block then getting custom everything to put inside it. You can build a reliable high 9 sec 109 for under $10k. The problem is all the other stuff that you have to have to make it run that fast. XFI, Convertor, Trans, Rear, Suspension, etc..

Hey there Jason, I see you had your motor built by DLS. I am considering getting my motor rebuilt with the 250 stroker kit and wondered how reasonable he is if I bring him the engine to be ported, stroked, etc.
I have heard nothing but good things and will be going the stroker route with RJC girdle.

Blast from the past.. My my how things have changed.

109s living in the low nines for years, Iron headed 109s running 9.30-9.40s