9inch or 4/5 inch K&N Filter?

OneBadTT

Is there any harm in using a different length (or height) K&N Filter, such as a 4 or 5 inch one rather than a 9 inch one?

Is there any harm in using a different length (or height) K&N Filter, such as a 4 or 5 inch one rather than a 9 inch one?

No harm at all with different size filters. The only difference you will find is the sound it makes more than likely. I wouldn't claim the bigger filter to free up any extra horsepower than the smaller one either.

Iv used a 6 inch...9inch...and 14 inch filter and have seen 0 diff in readings and or power...:cool:...only diff was the bigger filters had a little more sound to em

Iv used a 6 inch...9inch...and 14 inch filter and have seen 0 diff in readings and or power...:cool:...only diff was the bigger filters had a little more sound to em

Wow....I'm kinda surprised...thanks for sharing...This info may come in handy when I upgrade my MAF pipe :D

Awesome! Just what I was hoping. I am getting ready for my 5th try at passing the State Emissions test so this should help. Thanks.