95 year old too much for Big Bad Cops

He went down fighting...
I want to go out at that age, but I want to be takin out by a jealous husband....:D

And all because he didn't want an operation that would leave him on life support.:confused: Guess that means in the future if we don't want something done the doc will call the cops to make us do it.:eek:

There are a lot of weird "facts" in this story. I think the reporting is off. No mention of who is the health care proxy. If the victim was not capable of making decisions for his healthcare there should be a family member or trusted individual to be in charge of making decisions on what healthcare he should get. Any operation on a nonagenarian is risky. They never mention what the operation that he needed was and never mentioned his other health issues. I'm sure the doctor while explaining the operation told him of the "possible" side affects of the operation. The old fella might have focused only on the possible side affects and let it get himself all worked up. I've dealt with my elderly mother, my father-in-law and mother-in-laws health care and I can vouch that they often got no idea what's going on and get all upset. Many times it's b/c of being deaf too. No way a nursing home would allow a "butcher" knife in with the residents, especially if they are in permanent nursing care. My mother wasn't allowed an iron. No way should have the police used a beanbag gun on this man. That is just ridiculous. Like a toddler, elders can get very upset and loose all control and need a "time out" to get it back together. These guys need to removed from their jobs.

WOW! :eek: UNBELIEVEABLE!!! that is just a disgrace, I can not believe it. I would not want the operation either, Makes you realize , i think they wanted him to have the operation in order to make some profit off his insurance, so much for a patients rights, i guess it's profit before patient. Hard to believe 5-6 cops could not handle this situation better, these guys need to be removed from law enforcement. Makes you wonder what's next for these guys ? bust-up a checker board game swat style.

WOW !!!!!!!
I dont even know what to say.....

Good for the old guy , went down fighting.

Bryan

Totally outrageous! Someone else needs to die over this, the prisons are too full now...

And all because he didn't want an operation that would leave him on life support.:confused: Guess that means in the future if we don't want something done the doc will call the cops to make us do it.:eek:

Yup, get ready to BEND OVER! Unless ****** is overturned, we'll all be there. (edited for potential political content)

What a bunch of C*nts! What did they think? They were raiding a drug den?

Every douchebag that was present when the ole timer was shot should get life!

To treat a veteran/95 year old man like that is disgusting! In a wheelchair even.

I bet they tackled him and hog tied him as well.

COWARDS!

D

says in the article that it's being treated as a homicide...
too bad he didn't take a couple of them with him..
i'm sure a couple of cops will get a couple of weeks of paid vacation out of the deal to teach them a lesson..

says in the article that it's being treated as a homicide...
too bad he didn't take a couple of them with him..
i'm sure a couple of cops will get a couple of weeks of paid vacation out of the deal to teach them a lesson..

sad but the thats most likely the outcome.
But wait its a high stress job we don't know the danger the cops were in and we need to feel bad for therm too and stop the side walk lawyer stuff because we don't know anything. that sound about right?

There are a lot of weird "facts" in this story. I think the reporting is off. No mention of who is the health care proxy. If the victim was not capable of making decisions for his healthcare there should be a family member or trusted individual to be in charge of making decisions on what healthcare he should get. Any operation on a nonagenarian is risky. They never mention what the operation that he needed was and never mentioned his other health issues. I'm sure the doctor while explaining the operation told him of the "possible" side affects of the operation. The old fella might have focused only on the possible side affects and let it get himself all worked up. I've dealt with my elderly mother, my father-in-law and mother-in-laws health care and I can vouch that they often got no idea what's going on and get all upset. Many times it's b/c of being deaf too. No way a nursing home would allow a "butcher" knife in with the residents, especially if they are in permanent nursing care. My mother wasn't allowed an iron. No way should have the police used a beanbag gun on this man. That is just ridiculous. Like a toddler, elders can get very upset and loose all control and need a "time out" to get it back together. These guys need to removed from their jobs.

Regardless of what we are not told, at 95 years old why even suggest an operation that could ruin what time he has left?

My dad is 88, survived Omaha Beach, Battle of the Bulge, Battle of Herken Forest and now has a slow cancer in both his kidneys, they give him three years. Otherwise strong and healthy, still bowling on the senior league, still volunteering at the VA; but because of his age he is not eligible for a transplant. The only option is removal but then having dialysis 2-3 times a week and being weaker physically. He chose life as he knows it and I support him in his choice.

Mikey

Retirement home probably ran through all the money/assets the guy had few years ago and were hoping he would drop but he kept on living. Retirement home realized they had to get rid of this guy since they were loosing so much money so they 'found' a medical problem and so goes the rest of the story.

Im not very informed with retirement homes but once you run out of assets I dont think they can kick you out and they aren't cheap to live in.

They are all over paid and they do NOTHING!
Well, except things like this.

A State Trooper in MA just blew his brains out last monday. Apperently he pulled over a young girl late night on route 24 near the 93 split and she had been drinking. Said he wanted a blow job or she was under arrest. she did, then she reported him.

Protect and serve. Carry on!

D

They are all over paid and they do NOTHING!
I hope you are not referring to the nursing facility. It it very hard work dealing with elderly folks that need nursing care. I could not have more respect or praise for the aides, LPNs, RNs and her PA that took care of my Mom in her last 3 years. Would you want to take care of a cranky, deaf old man that pees and craps his diapers all day like my father-in-law for $10 an hour? I know I couldn't.