94 vs 91 Octane TT chip

Brady87GN

Hey Fellas

I'm currently running a Red's 94 octane chip in my car however I'm buying Razor's Alky kit and a new TT chip/60lb injector combo for my spring tune up. The car runs fine with the Red's chip but i think the chip is close to 10 years old.

Here is my question/dilemna:

94 Octane is not readily available where I live. I have to drive a ways to get it and overall it's just a pain in the butt, not to mention always having a full Jerry can of 94 octane sitting in my garage to keep the tank topped up. 91 Octane is sold everywhere, no problem getting it. When I order my TT chip I can specify 91 or 94 octane, as you all know...

Question: will there be a noticeable difference in performance/reliability with 94 vs 91?? Is it worth the aggravation in order to have the 94 or will a 91 octane chip/Alky combo suffice??

If Eric or Julio could chime in too that would be great!

Thanks in advance, I appreciate the advice!! :biggrin:

If you are ordering an alcohol chip, then the chip is the same for 91 or 94, since the alky raises the effective octane way up. If it was a street chip (non-alky), then I would have the timing and boost lower on the 91 chip.

Regards,
Eric

If you are ordering an alcohol chip, then the chip is the same for 91 or 94, since the alky raises the effective octane way up. If it was a street chip (non-alky), then I would have the timing and boost lower on the 91 chip.

Regards,
Eric

Yeah what he said :D

Same problem here. The car has Red's 93 chip and since Sunoco sold their stations, getting anything above 91 octane is a pain. Plus all gas sold in southern ontario is poor in comparison to places in the US. Julio's kit will solve the problem plus allow you to fill up at COSTCO which is 10 cents a liter cheaper. Also, I am sure but I think adding alky, cleans your combustion chamber.

"Ask and ye shall receive" lol

Thanks Eric and Julio, it is appreciated!!

Julio I will be giving you a call within the next month!