928 GTS, just slightly

1owner

I was coming home from my club meeting [Turbo Buick Club of Atlanta] yesterday in my daily driver. Dark blue Regal 'T', w/ standard tA-49 buildup; running a modest 15-16# of boost. I'm cruising the center lane at 70 mph when I notice a Porsche 928 GTS [metallic silver, hugh wheels] coming up from behind. I decided to see if he would play thinking he probably wouldn't run.
As he pulls up beside me we get into some traffic. He is in the fast lane, the car in front of him pulls over. I pull into the slow lane since it is open. We are now going 65. While in OD i nudge the throttle and let off, he Nails it. :eek:
Caught off guard I mash in to the mat, after the downshift into 3rd he has a 1/2 car lead. I come on and slowly start to pull him, at the 3-4 shift I have him by a fender. That's when he shut it down. I wish we had gone a little longer. I was surprised to hang as well as I did, those cars were 345 hp stock.
We both rolled down our windows to see each other and gave the thumbs up. He had a blond w/ him. I bet they were both surprised!

'86 GNAT [orig. owner]
'87 Regal T w/ turbo [3rd owner, daily driver]