92 coupe and a 600 crotch rocket!

I noticed a big difference in idel, and driving around. The car is very steady now. You wouldn't believe the motor has 149 K on it! I ran a 13.3 at 21 #'s (W/ 110 octane) and only got to about half way on the Casper Knock detector. (Thats bad, But it's been worse). Those plugs were on when I ran that. I'm anxious to see what the car would do now w/ 25 #'s and those plugs on. I also got the posi now. (Yes, I ran a 13.3 w/ an open rear end, 2.2 short times suck!) Last night, the car ran really good at 10#'s. I got hardly any knock and I had less than 1/4 tank in the car.

Go To: Morosomotorsportspark.com I'm pretty sure it's Feb 13.
Later.

Reggie, I wouldn't have jumped on you if you wouldn't have done what you did. If you would have just said something about shoebox's kill, instead of saying something about my sig. and taking it to namecalling, everything would have been cool.

If I would have known you and known the fact that you owned a GN, I would have been able to realize that life called for you so sell your GN and punished you in buying a stang. Hee hee.

No, but seriously, respect will be shown as long as you don't forget yours.

Track repavement

Jorge,

Went to the morso page, and they are going to be closed till feb.13, which is cool because that track is finally going to get a well need repavement. (the track was beginning to be called, and ice rink) Sucks, but i think it will be worth it when the track actually hooks better.;)

Shoebox

Kumbaya.......kumbaya.......

So Jorge, Why do you hate stangs so much? In all honesty, I have owned or driven just about everything there is (used to work at a GM dealership) and I really can't come up with a good reason to hate any musclecar. I sold the GN so that I could get my first Stang as a matter of fact. Now keep in mind that this was back when I was 17 and didn't have net access. So modding the GN was not really in the cards. We got the stang on the lot (btw. I was a diehard GM person at the time) and I decided to taker for a spin, and had to have it. The GN was getting up there in miles, not to mention that all the girls at my school talked about stang this, stang that. Anyway, I took that car from 14 second time slips to low 11 second time slips. That is what hooked me on stangs.

To each, their own!

"To each, their own!"

I agree Reggie!:cool: The world would be a pretty damn boring place if everybody liked the same things and variety is the spice of life:)

Originally posted by Turbojorge

Need I say more.

Well it sure isn't like that anymore! Now its "type R this" and "naawwwwsss" that.:rolleyes: For real though...I saw an Integra on my way to work the other day with what looked like a 10 pt. cage! Ha Ha! I wish traffic wouldn't have been so bad so I could've raced him in my F-150.

Originally posted by Reggie

Well it sure isn't like that anymore! Now its "type R this" and "naawwwwsss" that.:rolleyes: For real though...I saw an Integra on my way to work the other day with what looked like a 10 pt. cage! Ha Ha! I wish traffic wouldn't have been so bad so I could've raced him in my F-150.

I really think the whole, "my economy-car is fast" is lame. Its a huge investment to even get these cars to run 13's let alone what a properly modd'd buick, mustang, or ls1 runs(12 or lower). Although i have seen some fast imports down here in florida, i would hate to see what it cost them to go that fast.:confused: And as for "NAAWWWSSS" can u say im ignorent or not intelligent any better way then saying that phrase to a knowledgable car enthuasist.:rolleyes:

Shoebox

I saw a guy in a civic the other night driving around wearing a helmet!

Shoebox, what type of chip are you running? What are the specs?

I saw a guy in a civic the other night driving around wearing a helmet!

Shoebox, what type of chip are you running? What are the specs?

My specs are as follows:
TE-44, thdp, stretch IC, 009's, SMC Alky, champion heads, intake, punch .020 over, j/e pistons, 313b cam(practically a stock cam), double roller timing chain. Stock trans, with a 2800 stall speed 12 inch, with art car shift kit. Im running the red93 chip right now on the street, have a 107 i may run at the track. Since the mods the car seen the track once and went 12.3 @ 113.5 with 23 pounds of boost with a 2.3 short(nittos suck) and running very fat (02's in the 800 ++ range with a ****ty 108 chip) Mind you i came out of the hole on that run with only vacum!;) Now the car has a set of weld prostars, and i have literally retuned the whole thing, looking for 115++ traps..so we will see after the new year.

Shoebox

Sounds like a very strong set up. You say you only have "some" mods. Damn.

I'm trying to get a chip for my car because the one thats on it now is really a race chip.( I can't afford 110 for the street). It was on there when I bought the car in Jan. A buddy of mine hooked up that OTC scan tool and was able to tell me that the chip has 25 degrees of timming on it. It's a Pitbull chip. Do you know where I can get a custom chip?

Feb 13. That sucks. I'm thinking about going up to Bradenton because I really want to see what the car is doing.
later.

Sounds like a very strong set up. You say you only have "some" mods. Damn.

I'm trying to get a chip for my car because the one thats on it now is really a race chip.( I can't afford 110 for the street). It was on there when I bought the car in Jan. A buddy of mine hooked up that OTC scan tool and was able to tell me that the chip has 25 degrees of timming on it. It's a Pitbull chip. Do you know where I can get a custom chip?

Feb 13. That sucks. I'm thinking about going up to Bradenton because I really want to see what the car is doing.
later.

Ya, usually don't like to tell all about the car(hence the sig=some mods), but i figure a lot of people know anyway so F-IT.

As for that chip, thats entirely to much timming for pump fuel and any type of boost over maybe 15 at the most, probably less. I would suggest, if u don't have one, get a scan master. So u know what the car is doing with each chip u run. Like my car ran way rich on the race chip i used when i ran my car, but runs a lot better on my street chip. If u are running 009's for injectors i would say get reds93 chip for the street.

Or another alternative is get an smc alky kit, and u could run that race chip that is in the car right now on pump fuel.:eek: I havent tryed it yet, but i know of guys cruising around on high timming race chips with alky and running 19-21 psi all the time.:D I run 18-22 psi with my street chip which has 22 degrees of timming in first and second, and 20 in third.

There is so many ways to go, man its ridiculous. I really don't know of any1 that burns custom chips, but if u post that question in the louge im sure someone on here does.

If you need, work done on your car, i know tons of guys(laz, freddy, jeff=economy auto=built my car).

Shoebox

A good chip is what's keeping me from running some good times. Someone told me that Ramchargers makes some very nice chips.

Which Laz?

What do you think about Bradenton?

chips, laz...

Big Laz has a small shop down in miami, i don't have his direct phone #, but know of guys who can get a hold of him..ramcharges make good chips from what i hear, as for bradenton, i hear its a good track, but its only a 1/8 th, which is ok, but our cars pull ultra hard at the top(atleast mine does) so its kind of hard to guess what ur 1/4 mile time would be.

Think next weekend i may be down at fuds on sat night, let me know if u wanna meet and cruise out, wanna see if i can get a group to go out there.

Shoebox

Dude, bradenton is 1/4 mile. I'm sure of that. Sometimes they run 1/8 th. But a good friend of mine has gone up to race 1/4 mile. (I've seen time slips and video). Guess I'll have to call.

This Laz wouldn't Have a white T-Type, would he?

I would love to go out and cruise with you guy's but I'm going up to Orlando the 28th with the G/F to spend New Years up their. (I know, It sucks). Let me know for next time though.