3.8 stroker
RJC front mount
Alky
TE45a
Dave Husek trans
Drag radials

Mostly street driven with occasional track duty

Do I:

Build up my 8.5, Moser 31 spline, True Trac, pinned axles, etc.

Or

Buy a 9”

Thank you and Happy New Year.

I run a moser fab 9 with a moser aluminum center section . 40 spline axels , gun drilled , star flanged , 5/8 studs. Also with back brace. Paid about 4000 with brakes. I know one thing for sure is I will never break my rear. Buy once and have peace of mind.

If your on the fence about your choice....let your wheel and tire combo decide. If you build the 8.5....your locked into the same rim size and backspace that everybody here runs. If you build a 9”....you can pick any rim and tire combo you wish....Center it in the wheelwell...and have the 9” built to the exact size you need to make it work perfect.
I’m doing this right now with my Limited. I just got 18x12” rears with 345-30/18 tires. Now I’m cutting and chopping and using GNX flares, but you do t have to. You can stick some 295-55-15’s on some 8.5” rims and get them exactly where you want.
Just my thoughts

I run a moser fab 9 with a moser aluminum center section . 40 spline axels , gun drilled , star flanged , 5/8 studs. Also with back brace. Paid about 4000 with brakes. I know one thing for sure is I will never break my rear. Buy once and have peace of mind.
Badass shit
Whats is the HP rating on that 2000? my cousin had Mose build him a 35 spline rear rated at 1200 hp for his F Body.

Badass shit
Whats is the HP rating on that 2000? my cousin had Mose build him a 35 spline rear rated at 1200 hp for his F Body.

I’m not sure on hp rating but I know I will never break it, no mater what motor I put in my Buick.