9.12@156 "FEAR" hit track for testing with strong results

Quint

Hey guys, finally got "Fear" back to the track and got some numbers. Dont know if you all know, but moved from San Antonio TX to AZ about 8 months ago. Had been trying to Tweak and tune the car, since its build from CPP about 1year or so earlier. AS you may know, I took one of Lawrence Conleys PT 91.5 Turbo's off of Tweaked II, to make a very special stage II Combo with some history to go with it. Its been a very hard road getting things working with this unique combo. But with Jan Moehler's assist ( Awsome guy, friend and tuner by the way), and Len Freeman,throwing in some tranny assist, and putting Fear back together and off course Nick@AZ GN lending a hand, we got things working in the right direction. The car is still has original parts on the outside, no fiberglass. Its still a heavy T top car to boot. Well anyways, made it to the track and made some hits. Track was NOT GOING to let me get to much power down low, so we just hung on for dear life:D I would have had vids, but the camera ran out of juice adn the first full pass was on an old school camera, that doenst down load, so very sorry guys. Here is how the timeslips looked:

1st pass (plugs fouled, lots of popping, did not stop until middle of 3rd gear, we had boost control set low to peak at 22#'s top of 3rd)
60 ft. 1.689
I2 5.074
1/8 mile 7.662@98.951(in and out of throttle, popping)
1/4 11.3@140

2nd pass-(changed all plugs), moved boost to 13# launch, #16, #20, #22 then #24 and #26 to finish out the last 1 sec of run, all this at a concervative 22 degrees timing)
60 ft. 1.54
I2. 4.08
1/8th. 6.094@122.7
I4. 7.7
1/4. 9.274@155

3rd pass, (left everything the same, but bumped up boost 1# in the middle of the run and left it at 26# last second of 3rd, leaving at 14#)
60 ft- 1.504
I2. 3.979
1/8th. 5.967@123.7
I4. 7.63
1/4. 9.12@156MPH

Now, we had 2 other runs, where we tried other things to get an 8 sec run, but the track simply wasnt giving me the low 1.42-45's 60 ft's this time and we where over powering the track all through the runs. I almost lost her a couple of times for sure and everyone watching pretty much thought I was going too. Jan, left everything on the Conserv end and we came away with some info we needed. One quick note, one of the secrets to gettng this power to the pavement was definitely Dusty Bradford's Converters. We had been using an Art Carr unit specially built for this car with Lawrence Connley,a nd Chris at the helm, and it was doing very well with Spool up on this big turbo. But how efficient with the higher horsepower was the question. So we made a call to Dusty and he had a special unit built for this combo with in a week. Damn is all I can say about the way the Converter likes to take on the higher boost of these cars. My car was pushing through the Art unit, and Dusty said, his unit would be tighter, but better on the higher boost settings, and man was he right. Your the Man Dusty, and 110% right. NO wonder Len Freeman picked up so much MPH with one simple switch:cool:

More to come guys and Vids next time. We are thinking of trying a taller tire/gear combo as well. Until next time, OUt!

Oh my god, that is some really good mph and excellent ET for trying it out at the track.
Im sure that setup will be rediculous.

How is the lag with that turbo? Are you running 160# injectors?

BW

Man, that makes me happy to see you get a good hit on that car.
With the good people involved in your car I am sure you will go much faster!
Congratulations!!!

Congrats on the new best! Seems like everybody on this board is making the switch to a Dusty spec'd PTC converter and picking up big time!:cool:

Congrats. You know it's going to be in the 8's next time out. Your MPH and what's left in the 60' tell the story. Congrats your car is one of the cleanest examples of a car I have seen.

Thanks Ted for the comps. Also thanks 86 Brick. Dusty's Converters are the real deal, period.

Sundays passes

I wish we had some video of Sunday's action. Quint had his hands full with the poor track conditions and the ill handling car. Time to work on the chassis setup. Hell of a driver for being out of the car for so long, the boy must have 4130 chrome-moly balls. There is a lot more left in this setup, if we can hook the car up, as Quint said this is still a very conservative tune up. Our only limiting factor now is how to get all this power to the ground. The new XFI and complete rewire of the car performed flawless, nice to have something go right. Special thanks to Rick Head for the new boost controller, worked awesome. We have these in stock and ready for sale, :wink:

Great news Quint!! Glad to see the car coming around. 8's won't be a problem and with the boost where it's at those 160+ traps are just a few lbs away.

Be careful out there. You're putting a lot of power down now and not all tracks can handle it. I'd rather see you abort a pass than have to fix the car;) If you need any help with the suspension set-up give me a call.

Jan, Amen to that brotha, and Dusty, your 100% right, its just a time slip. Thanks guys

After speaking with Jan a little further, we are going to move to slightly taller slick and brand, like a Phoenix or Hoosier. The slicks I have now, even though we dont have alot of passes on, simply need to go to a car thats 10 to 11 sec car. Any bids, $100 takes them. Let Jan know or myself know. Thanks guys

Oh my god, that is some really good mph and excellent ET for trying it out at the track.

BW
Turbo lag is there, but once the nitrous shuts off, after launch, its holy hell from there:eek:

It was great watching the runs, think I have finally figured who is who when you and your brother are standing side by side.

BW

It will have some consiberable lag with that big of a T6 framed turbo. No way to spool it with any kind of efficiency on the top end without using the nitrous. His previous converter spooled well but he could blow right through it.

Video, pretty please!!!
John, my man, you will get a Vid of the next outing in 3 weeks with the new tires;) We are chosing right now the best Slick to put on fear for best results. We are discussing the Phoenix or Hoosier with a 29 inch tire vs a 28.5. The M/t has been going away as of lately,a nd we just need new tire. I plan on 8.8's right off the trailer, 1st run, low settings to start the day:wink: This may be at the Arizonas Fastest street car shoot out, who knows, but we are going to hit that for sure. We may not be back halfed, or running fatter tires, but if we hook, we will be looking real nice.

It will have some consiberable lag with that big of a T6 framed turbo. No way to spool it with any kind of efficiency on the top end without using the nitrous. His previous converter spooled well but he could blow right through it.

Exactly Dusty. Art builds nice Converts, but when it comes to laying it down, Yours, CANNOT be touched. :D