88 TA GTA 600 miles

I have one very similar to that, has Tops and Leather. Only has 37-8K miles on it.

Just in case someone is looking for something like this, it is for sale, I have turned down $8500, it will take 10K to move:biggrin:

climbing

.. its up to $14,300 and not hit reserve.. Selling not answering emails...

That's a nice car. I had a 5 speed 305 cu inch GTA back in 89, a year before I got my Turbo T/A. The 5 speed was alot of fun. My brother put a Gale Banks exhaust on it and a K&N filter. After that I could smoke all of the local 350 Iroc Z cars and the stangs. I could even beat current day corvettes if the guys driving were a little green to agressive driving.
My dad mentioned that we should get one of those Turbo Trans ams. (he was a Pontiac dealer at the time) He got a TTA at the auction and I took it for a drive. I didn't get in the throttle (much) as it was sold. My first reaction was that it was too quiet compared to my 305 gta and it didn't have that 5 speed instant gratification "feel" (stupid 16 year old kid) I told dad that I'd stick with my GTA for now, I actually thought it was faster. Well, after smoking everybody in town and in local towns too I finally met my match. A fellow high school kid took his dad's GN out for the night. It had a infamous KEnne Bell chip and an exhaust mod. I got thouroughly smoked! Long story short, me and dad went to the Pontiac aution and picked up one of the 6 or 7 Turbo cars they had in Indianapolis. They actually had a few hard top cloth interior cars, but I picked the T-top and leather car. I was young and stupid, didn't know the future value of the cloth hard top cars and also the one I picked was perfect. It had all of it's badges too. All of the others had unfortunately had one or more badges missing. Anyway, I found out pretty quick that the 5 speed "jerkiness" wasn't an indication of a bad ass car, but that consistant pull your head off torque was what won races. From there on out, No Corvette or GN was safe. The other GTAs, IROCs and 5.0?
They were all made aware real quick of "that damn kid in the turbo TA!" It was a good time. The only down side about that E-bay car? That slow ass Chevy motor! YUCK...:cool:

88 Gta

...umm... Passed in ..

.. @ $19,200....
106b_4.JPG