88 RX7 GXL Buick Powered

Grumpy

Thread killer
Sadly the time has come for this to go to a new home . I was all set to do an 8.8 Ford rear and a roll cage along with some other "upgrades" and the "time and $$$ came into play". My Stage2 motored TTA is almost ready to come back home for completetion . The $$ I would have put in the RX7 will put the TTA ahead a lot I can't have 2 "toy's" for driver's anymore . :mad: I have been thining out my cars for a while here .. Now this is the end .. This is "David C"'s old car .
Ok it's an 88 RX7 GXL . Body is decent but has it's share of small dings and scratches .. Fender's have minor rust on the bottom's . I have other fender's that go with the car . The rest of the car is nice . Has 16" 300ZX chrome rims with fairly new tires . The Drag Radials on the car now do not go with it !! I have the stock 15" Mazda wheels.
Interior is in good condition except for some splits in the outer edge of the drivers seat and a couple of plastic trim pieces with a chip or small crack. The car has power windows and door locks, power mirrors, tilt wheel, electronically adjustable suspension, Mazda AM-FM/cassette/CD w/equalizer (cassette plays bad), (new) power antenna, power moon/sunroof, security system, white face gauge kit, 15" alloy wheels, rear window defroster and wiper, power steering, power 4 wheel disc brakes, cruise control (servo has not been installed), and air conditioning. (Needs recharge or 134a conversion. It was working until it was drained for engine conversion). All the factory Mazda gauges are functional and the tachometer was recalibrated for the V6.

Engine now is a stock 87 GN motor from Melissa's car .. 73k on it . Blue top inj, KB fuel reg, 44 turbo .. Runs EXCELLANT .. She ran 11.4s on this set up in a 3600# car .. Take off the Mazda's 600#s and your into the 10 sec zone with all the reliability of a stock motor and a "no brainer" set up that works
The transmission is a 200R4, an original BRF code. It was freshened up with heavy duty parts about 1400 miles ago. It has a shift kit installed and high stall (lockup) torque converter (orange stripe ~ 2800 rpm).
The driveshaft is custom made with heavy duty tube and spicer u-joints.
The original Mazda rear differential was removed and Dave installed a Ford 8.8 inch Limited Slip rear differential from a Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe. The 3.27:1 ratio is perfect for all around performance and mileage for this power combination. A modified cross member and custom rear mount allows the rear diff to retain the stock Mazda independent rear suspension. Modfied stub axle shafts were machined, allowing stock, heavy duty, RX-7 Turbo CV (axle) shafts to be used. This makes for easy and plentifull replacements if needed.
The cooling system is a stock RX-7 radiator with a Ford 2 speed electric fan behind the radiator, and the Mazda electric fan in the front of the AC condenser. The Buick ECM controls all the normal functions such as the cooling fans, fuel and spark management, and transmission torque converter lockup. This car has always run cool, even in traffic.
I have more info from Dave that I can pass on to anyone interested .. I will sell it just as a roller(no engine but all components left in place if you have your own motor ) or as a driver . Ill leave it here for a week or so then it goes on Ebay .. Car has to go !! Offer's :eek:

you can email me for more pics ect ..ttastage2@yahoo.com

Attachments

• MayZ.JPG
    MayZ.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 656
  • MayZ1.JPG
    MayZ1.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 615
  • MayZ2.JPG
    MayZ2.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 600
Ill get more pics later .. I think I am just goin to throw on Ebay and see where it goes :p

Attachments

• E1.JPG
    E1.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 560
  • E5.JPG
    E5.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 534
any pics of the independent 8.8 Ford setup?
What range are you looking to get??
THanks, Scott

Sell that 66 and you'll have plent of money to play. Only problerm is you will have to pay some really big cap gains taxes as I am finding out for myself right now.

70Mach1 said:
Sell that 66 and you'll have plent of money to play. Only problerm is you will have to pay some really big cap gains taxes as I am finding out for myself right now.

I know that :eek:

hmmm.. I just dumped a lot into the car:rolleyes: 8.8 Ford rear and a roll bar .. prefer to sell as a roller if I do sell it ..

I have a Fresh R.P.E. 109 engine & good trans looking for a home. That little car might just be it.

Curious as to about how much you'd be looking for with and without an engine.

How about trade??

I have a 2003 Suzuki GSX-1300R Hayabusa 40th Anniversary Edition.
Here is some info:
Full Yoshimura RS3 race only exhaust with carbon fiber can
Dynojet Power Commander PC3usb
K&N filter
Topgun undertail (painted to match)
Adjustable lowering links
Puig dark smoked double bubble windscreen
Powdercoated wheels (match bike)
New tires
Carbon fiber tank pad
Gel seat
Gel grips
Adult owned, always garaged, never raced or abused.
11,500.00 hiway cruising miles
Dynoed at 164.8rwhp & 100.6 rwtq

Let me know.

Attachments

• 2bike 001zzz.jpg
    2bike 001zzz.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 204