87GN vs. Sy/Ty

'91 Car & Driver Syclone vs. Ferrari says 14.1 sec
'86 Hot Rod T-Type 14.3 sec @ 98mph

All I could find. I know a turbo buick w/only adding a chip will get you well into the 13s.

Adam

Christian, i agree! But I love the challenge of getting a Sy/Ty to run fast! Only because you don't see many and when you bring it out most people are cautious about jumping on one.

:D any truck that goes 13 in a 1/4 mile stock is a winner a stock sy/ty will beat a gn stock or sligtly modifyed. sy/tys more go less dough;)

gnvrsty

i own both types the gn will run 11.20 with 2500.00 worth of mods the sy i dont now since i bought it friday but i do know that the tr motors will handle a lot of boost 25 to 27 psi . i will find out soon and let you guys know

Re: gnvrsty

Originally posted by killr6
i own both types the gn will run 11.20 with 2500.00 worth of mods the sy i dont now since i bought it friday but i do know that the tr motors will handle a lot of boost 25 to 27 psi . i will find out soon and let you guys know

LOL... 25psi+ isnt the problem... The problem is if you let the motor detonate then you can expect to have to yank the engine to replace the bent rods or holed pistons. Buicks just push out the head gaskets which is an easy fix (relatively speaking).

I run 27psi myself on the stock bottom end when I can get hold of 116 octane but I also keep the timing pulled back slightly to keep the stock rods/pistons where they belong.

I've been thinking about this and now I feel the original comparison is wrong:

S-15 pickup = Stock from factory
GN = Stock from factory

I think we know which is faster there.

Syclone = PAS improved factory S-15
GNX= ASC/McLaren improved factory GN

Now that's a better debate.

;)

ADUM

Originally posted by HYBRIDT

GN = Stock from factory

;)

ADUM

Only because you brought up PAS. What about...

Trans Am = PAS improved factory GTA!

That one wins in my opinion.

Frank

Originally posted by HYBRIDT

GN = Stock from factory

;)

ADUM
In that case how bout the Malboro Syclone, improved Syclone by ASC/McLaren
only 10 of them in the world

Yea whatever they are both great they are both fast and they are both rare (GN is less rare than a SY or TY but you know)
:D

Originally posted by maitai1993
Yea whatever they are both great they are both fast and they are both rare (GN is less rare than a SY or TY but you know)
:D

All denpends on what year were talking about. There were only 215 '82 GN's made. Only in '87 did they ever make more than 5000 units with the total being around 22,000 GNs in 1987.

And just 1500 TTA for 1989.

FS

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
All denpends on what year were talking about. There were only 215 '82 GN's made. Only in '87 did they ever make more than 5000 units with the total being around 22,000 GNs in 1987.

And just 1500 TTA for 1989.

FS

Yea but only 2500 total TYs were made
and less SYs;) so SYs And TYs together make less than 5000
Randy:D

Yea but only 2500 total TYs were made
and less SYs;) so SYs And TYs together make less than 5000
Randy:D
Total for all Typhoons is 92=2500 , 93=2200 Total Typhoons=4700
91 Syclones= 2998
2998+4700=7698

:eek: I was not aware that when people talk about numbers it was for each year I thought it was 2500 for 92 and 93
oh well still less than 5000:D

:eek: I was not aware that when people talk about numbers it was for each year I thought it was 2500 for 92 and 93
oh well still less than 5000:D

Nonetheless still a rare treat to see one on the road.

In that case how bout the Malboro Syclone, improved Syclone by ASC/McLaren

please clarify

i have never heard of these and am quite interested in reading up on them

you have any information to get me started:D :cool:

Yea they are cool the red and white paint sceam was cool they also had a removeable targa top:cool:
I think there was only 10 that would have been cool to get a special edtion SY for just smoking a ass load of cigs....

Yea they are cool the red and white paint sceam was cool they also had a removeable targa top:cool:
I think there was only 10 that would have been cool to get a special edtion SY for just smoking a ass load of cigs....
Yep only ten of them bad boys exist, and I think the last one that was for sale the asking price was 150k , and yes it is a cool prize for just smoking some cigs.