87 white t

Nice car

Sounds like someone might have realy gotten burned on this deal. Especialy if they had it shipped cross country. I guess all you have do do is read ALL post and between the lines.

Think before you speak

Sounds like someone might have realy gotten burned on this deal. Especialy if they had it shipped cross country. I guess all you have do do is read ALL post and between the lines.

i dont need to explain myself to you but maybe i should since you are trying to challenge my creditability:mad: . first of all, when my car was for sale there was absolutely nothing wrong with my car;). a couple weeks ago i overheated it a few times and that's when i started hearing a rattling noise. i figured i leave my car on the board since it might only be my water pump or my tensioner. well guess what it wasn't :eek:so that's when i pulled it off the board thinking it might be a rod bearing. today i got my car out of Mizzi's and my problem was that my turbo is going out and i need to change my timing chain. so before you come up on this posting accusing me of trying to burn someone do your homework first, if you were closer we would have to put the gloves on but like i said all i have is my BALLS and my WORD....

I kind of thought you'd react this way, again! If someone cross country bought this car before you pulled it they would be sol if the motor developed problems after they got it, unless you had a written guarantee with it. Am I wrong?

Moose I think anyone would be pissed if that happened. Its also a 20 year old car. 510 is a stand up guy he took it off when he had a problem with it.

After reading the posts I think that 510 did not misrepresent the car in any manner. A problem developed and the car was pulled. He even went so far as to post what had happened. He didn't have to but I think it goes to his veracity that he did disclose this issue. Now a potential buyer will know some of the car's most recent mechanical history.

I don't think that it is reasonable to expect anyone to warranty a 20+ year old car much less a performance car. I think that it should be on the buyer to do a visual and mechanical inspection before buying- ie: due diligence...

Judging by 510's actions, I suspect that if a buyer had purchased the car and discovered and issue with it after the fact (through no cause of their own ie: beating on the car,etc.) that 510 would have worked out a resolution with them. Of course I'm speculating but, I think that's what would have happened.

Nevertheless, I do not know either party. I've never seen the car and I have no "interest" in it's sale... I just felt that it seemed like a rush to judgment and I hope that other potential buyers will understand that these are old cars. On occassion they do break. So, we fix them and keep on driving...:cool:

Just my .02

thanks for the kind words guys

none of us have x-ray eyes to look into a engine and no was about to go out. plus like it was mentioned before these are old and used cars so if you want a problemless car go buy a 2010 model.

After reading the posts I think that 510 did not misrepresent the car in any manner. A problem developed and the car was pulled. He even went so far as to post what had happened. He didn't have to but I think it goes to his veracity that he did disclose this issue. Now a potential buyer will know some of the car's most recent mechanical history.

I don't think that it is reasonable to expect anyone to warranty a 20+ year old car much less a performance car. I think that it should be on the buyer to do a visual and mechanical inspection before buying- ie: due diligence...

Judging by 510's actions, I suspect that if a buyer had purchased the car and discovered and issue with it after the fact (through no cause of their own ie: beating on the car,etc.) that 510 would have worked out a resolution with them. Of course I'm speculating but, I think that's what would have happened.

Nevertheless, I do not know either party. I've never seen the car and I have no "interest" in it's sale... I just felt that it seemed like a rush to judgment and I hope that other potential buyers will understand that these are old cars. On occassion they do break. So, we fix them and keep on driving...:cool:

Just my .02
Exactly. Most would have said the new owner must have detonated it or something and it would be their problem now.

The guy comes here and posts that the car has an issue and is going to fix it and some jackass thinks used cars that are 23 years old come with written guarantee....:rolleyes: I guess it just goes to show how clueless some people are.

You smart guys probobly know this is the second time he listed this car here and the first time was about a thousand miles from where he is now. And did anone get his taughting to be a tech?? If I was buying a $9k car and it developed a rod knock after a few easy runs I would be more than pissed! GNX3, could you sell a buick with a rod knock or whatever for 9k?? Any reasonable guy reading his past post would know what Im talking about. This will be my last post on this car (I know this will spur some remarks) ARDIOS DUDES!

Dude go hump a moose

You smart guys probobly know this is the second time he listed this car here and the first time was about a thousand miles from where he is now. And did anone get his taughting to be a tech?? If I was buying a $9k car and it developed a rod knock after a few easy runs I would be more than pissed! GNX3, could you sell a buick with a rod knock or whatever for 9k?? Any reasonable guy reading his past post would know what Im talking about. This will be my last post on this car (I know this will spur some remarks) ARDIOS DUDES!

I THOUGHT IT WAS A ROD KNOCK BUT IT WAS MY TURBO AND TIMING CHAIN LIKE I EXPLAINED. YES A THOUSAND MILES BECAUSE I BRING IT OUT A COUPLE OF WEEKENDS OF THE MONTH AND LIKE I SAID GO HUMP A MOOSE:biggrin:

I kind of thought you'd react this way, again! If someone cross country bought this car before you pulled it they would be sol if the motor developed problems after they got it, unless you had a written guarantee with it. Am I wrong?

And the sky is blue too...what's your point? As was mentioned these are 23 year old cars...sh!t happens. Cars start wearing out the day they're driven off the line. Anyone who gives a stranger a written guarantee on a 23 year old performance car is crazy. Somebody could buy it and run it dry a day later. He didn't try lying to anyone, no one bought the car, life's a risk buying a car sight unseen is like buying a whore sight un....well you get the idea.

give moose102 a break

we should give him a break:redface: no wonder he doesn't get it he's from CANADA:eek: