87 turbo t in Tacoma area

Duff73

Hi guys,
I'm long time troll to the boards and have been hunting for a turbo buick in the Pacific NW area for some time. I came across this one: http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c...advanced=n&start_year=1986&color=&cardist=238

In the Tacoma area. I was just curious if anyone knows anything about the car or the dealer that has it listed. I emailed the guy and he said it was a 2 owner car originally purchased in Alaska. Any help or iinsight would be appreciated. I'm over in the Spokane area and would like to get as much info as possible before I make a drive, thx.

From the pics it looks clean. Looks just like the 86 T I recently bought. I really like the color but the burgundy int threw me off.

Looking at the picture - it appears to be in good shape.

I'd say since you're over in eastern Wa. the best bet would
be to run a carfax report that way it wouldn't be a wasted
trip over if it turned out to be a "lemon".

Good luck.

Mike

Re: Price

Originally posted by wickedsixx
It would be a nice car for $5500....but $8500 for 100,000 miler seems pretty steep.
Not when you look at KBB or NADA.

I did not write down the details but there were two TurboRegals for sale in Sunday's Oregonian. One Ttype and one GN. The should be on the papers website at Oregonlive.com if anyone is intrested.
Gary

From Gary's link:

1985 BUICK REGAL T-TYPE Loaded, near mint, stock, $7600. 503-632-3155 or 503-313-7400

87 BUICK Regal Ltd, T-type, 3.8 turbo, black/tan, spoiler, lowered, 17" wheels, chip, very rare & nice, $8995. 503-656-4155

87 BUICK Grand National, 88K mi, rare-very good stock cond, $10,950 obo/prt trd. 503-981-8845

The little fella and I looked at this car when we were shopping for our car , It's a nice car. The original owner and owner # 2 are friends (kinda like been in the family). Was a low miler and the guy let his girlfriend drive it once, she fell and love and racked the miles up. It has lots of performance mods (exhaust, chip and so on). You never know what they'll really sell for at a car lot.

I'll be in the area tomorrow morning; if I get a chance, I'll take a look at it, and report back by about noon or so.

Just got back from Tacoma, and I had a chance to do a little poking aound the T. It's a solid LC2 car, with WO2 trim and G87 open diff. It appears to have been repainted in the original color; I couldn't find any evidence of crash damage.

The interior is that 'great' burgandy color; the carpet and seats are in pretty good condition, with normal wear and tear. It's a lightweight car, with manual doors, windows, and seats, and no tilt wheel. The dash is digital. There are 3 rocker switches under the dash- I couldn't find and indication of their intended usage. The ECM kick panel shows signs of being removed and replaced on a frequent basis.

The trunk is clean, with no sign of rust. There is a seat-back brace kit installed. Spare tire is the space-saver with cover. SPID label is present on the decklid.

Underhood, the engine appears mostly stock. There is a 3 wire O2 sensor (Bosch), and a fuel pressure gauge. The FP regulator is an an original 233 regulator with the billet top for adjustability. The driver's side header appears to be cracked, as there's a strong exhaust smell in the area. The powermaster ball has been replaced with the upgraded unit. Aside from the mentioned, the rest of the compartment (turbo, downpipe, intercooler, heads, throttle body, airbox, etc) seem stock.

Overall, a pretty clean car- I would consider it great for a daily driver, or as a basis for a track only car.

Hope this helps!! Call or PM me if you have any questions
253-377-0649

thx

Thx for the info guys. Funny thing is I might be getting a 86 GN from one of the board members. I've been talking with Chris and been out to look at his 86. So hopefully if everything goes well I'll have it by thanksgiving.