87 Turbo T For Sale in Michigan (originally GA car)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epike7915

Very clean & well maintained 87 Buick Regal Turbo T. Rare Turbo package for 1987 (I believe 1 of 1,035) Has the Limited package with chrome trim instead of the more common "Blacked out" trim that was on the majority of T-Type Regals. Originally a Georgia car so body is in excellent shape. Interior has new headliner and carpet and is also in excellent shape. Just taken out of storage and freshened up with complete AC Delco tune-up including plugs, wires, fuel filter & O2.
Many performance upgrades installed on the car including: Eastern Performance Front Mount Intercooler, "Red Top" 40# injectors, Red Armstrong Street Lethal chip, TE-60 turbo, 3" Hooker downpipe (with dump) back to dual 2 ½" Flowmaster Muffler exhaust, Adj. Boost Control, Adj. wastegate rod, Eastern Performance coil packs, plenum spacer, engine tie down strap, Adj. fuel pressure regulator & gauge. Chrome air intake with K&N filter, H.P. valve springs & spacers, braided oil feed line, VDO Boost, EGT & Oil Pressure gauges. GNX back seat brace & boxed lower control arms. External Trans cooler, Art Carr 2800 Lock Up torque converter, Art Carr Trans rebuild with shift kit. 3.42 gear with Big Brute posi, dual rear air bags, oversize rear brake wheels cylinders with aluminum drums and new F-Body Aluminum radiator. 17" Boyd Coddington billet wheels.
Has 156K on it and has had a life of limited daily driving & cruising. (Not a trailer queen) I have never had it on a dyno nor the race track in the 11 years I have owned it. Runs and drive great. Hate to do it but Must Sell. My oldest son is going away to college & I need the money to help pay for that expense. . . $10,500 or Best. Serious Inquires only & No joy rides. Located in Flint, Michigan. Call or Text Eric @ 810-869-9903 for more info or pictures. Will entertain PARTIAL trades.

Nice car but just so everyone is clear this is not a Limited (so no 1 of 1035), it is a T trimmed in chrome.

Ok, so how would I find production #s for this car if it isn't a limited? I know the productions #'s aren't high for this particular package.

Ok, so how would I find production #s for this car if it isn't a limited? I know the productions #'s aren't high for this particular package.
good question,total production #s for 87 turbo t is 4268 but for chrome pkg is much less im sure.

Way less. I'm thinking even less then 1000. I wish someone could help me figure it out. Someone buy this!!

1987 "T" package --8,547. Including 1547 WE4s and 1035 Limiteds. JMHO most Limiteds i have seen had the chrome package and the rest of the non-we4 cars ,its about a 50/50 split between chrome and blackout trim....and some of the black out trim cars started life as a chrome package..

I should have specified 4268 Base turbo T's...^^^^

Good gawd that car is beautiful. And so inexpensive. Does the SPID tag say "D84"? By chance, what does the cowl tag say for Upper, Middle, and Lower paint code numbers. Makes me want to run outside ad paint one of my black cars. I so love those silver D84's. The scream "Going Fast with Class".

The SPID tag is under the rear deck lid. (Trunk lid)
It tells all.
Mostly all.
Most TR owners have looked at that tag only a couple hundred times.
But I suppose some of us are more obsessed than others.

OK. How do you know a turbo T is a we4

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

A WE4 was the clever 1987 Buick marketing folks' "get-around" to the corporate borg nonsensical capacity constraint edict that no more than 33 % of TR production be Grand Nationals.

A WE4 is characterized by:
1 - Being painted all black, the cowl tag will indicate 19U & 19L (19 = Lamp black)
2 - AR9 seats & Center console (like the Grand National) - again shown on the cowl tag and the SPID label
3- A solid grey velour like cloth interior, like the T-type; Not Palex like the GN
4 - Manual driver's seat; unless changed over the years
5 - Certain interior trim ornamentation details, - i.e. Dash Plaque only indicates Regal
5 - NO rear spoiler; that's right - dealer installed only - Fun fact - the only other NON-GN WE2 TR to get a FACTORY rear spoiler is the RPO WH1
6 - Usually, painted front & rear bumpers; BUT - there were actually some early run units made with chrome bumpers; and at one time, it was debated within Buick that the Grand National should be the only TR to have the painted bumpers; but most WE4s have black painted bumpers
7 - RPO W02 - Black out exterior trim
8- RPO Y56 - T package
9 - Aluminum bumper supports
10 - NOT aluminum drums; a common myth as most or all WE4s have the G80 posi which always came with steel rear drums
11 - RPO N89 Aluminum "Vector Style "wheels; (Incl w/ Y56 T package)

Unless I'm missing a big hole rotted out in the floorboard - you're giving this car away!
There are a couple grand easy in upgrade mods.
At 10,500 - it's a steal!

Thanks, Heisenberg, absolutely no holes in floor board anywhere. It has been stored inside ever since it came to Michigan roughly 12-15 yrs ago. Again, only reason I'm selling it is to pay off a short term laptop loan I had to take out from my son's college to pay for his mandatory / required Mac Book Pro... I have been driving it around the last couple days since I took it out of storage and forgot how much fun it was to drive it. PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE & I will entertain possible partial trades if that's what it takes to sell it.

Eric

Looks like a non posi G87,...i could be mistaken tho

Status
Not open for further replies.