87 Turbo T f/s....

Slo86GN

The Nightstalker
As much as I hate to do it, going to put Ol Gray up for sale. The new job I took with GE is going to have me on the road quite a bit once I get done with the training course, so not going to have time for the Buick. It sucks because I will have the money to fix her up right, just no time to do it. There's also a very good chance I will spend some time overseas, so that's even less time for the Buick. Oh well, just means I can buy a nicer T or GN once the travel settles out and I have a garage... :D

On to the details......87 Turbo T....170K miles.....Gray with gray cloth interior....WO2 trim....digital dash....non CS2....alum bumper supports and drums. Originally a non-G80 car, but have receipts showing the rearend being rebuilt in 1991 by the original delivery dealer. Evidentally they installed a posi center section when the rear was overhauled...nice of them to do that huh...:D . Original GA delivery car....sold at Duke Buick in Augusta, GA on April 16, 1987. I have the original bill of sale, window sticker, and manuals/maintenance records. I also have numerous receipts for work/maintenance done over the years. Car was a 1 owner car (60+ y/o lady) until a year or so ago....she drove it back and forth to the hospital where she worked, hence the high mileage.

Paint/body wise, the car is in pretty good condition. I've found a few tiny little rust spots here and there, most not even as big as the head of a pin. Upper surfaces were repainted before I got the car due to sun fade....gotta love southern summers.

Powertrain/chassis.....car runs like a champ and has great highway manners. I drove it from SE Georgia to Schenectady, NY a little over 2 weeks ago when I came up to start my training with GE. 1183 miles w/o a problem and 25mpg to boot. Ol girl is nothing but dependable, even with the miles. Trans shifts nice and firm....even barks 2nd on occasion...lol. Motor doesn't knock, rattle, or smoke.....just has the usual drips from the front and rear mains.

Upgrades.....I had to replace a few parts that were showing their miles, but the car is still close to stock. Upgrades include: Turbonetics Cheetah turbo, 009 injs, JC chip (have 2 other chips for it as well), Accufab adj fpr, hotwired 340 pump, ported stock elbow, 2 1/2" test pipe, new Hooker catback, maf pipe w/cone filter, Casper's fan switch. I also replaced the rear shocks and gave her a good tuneup fairly recently.

Extra parts......new double roller chain, set of very low mile 8445 heads with 3 angle valve job, LT1 springs, OEM GM headgaskets, timing cover gasket set, new heater core, near mint leather steering wheel, plus some other odds/ends. Got the parts, then didn't have the $$ to get a new front cover......now have the money to get it, but no time to get the work done. Can't win for losing...lol.

Asking $5,000 OBRO. If you want a fairly nice higher mileage car that would make a killer project base or a nice DD, this is it. Shoot me an email if interested Slo86GN@yahoo.com . I'm in training during the day, so will be late afternoon/early evening before I can check my email. Pics link is below. If you need more, can get them in a few days.....laptop is being a PITA...lol.

http://boosted6.com/Evil87GN/

What up dude? Yeah, I know....it sucks, but after talking to one of the field service managers a few days ago, GE is gonna have me running all over the place once I leave here. Kinda tweaks me off because I'll have the money to fix the T up like I want, but won't have the time to do it. If nobody buys the car, then I'll store her away somewhere until I do have time. I would hate to do that, but gotta do what ya gotta do. I actually don't have to sell the car, but it would be better for my peace of mind if I do. Selling her also opens the door for a better TR/GN once I stop traveling so much....maybe even a Stage car....or even better, a GNX. :D

To get a loan, get the car appraised and then show the appraisal to a bank that loans based on appraised value.

I bought 2 GNs and a TTA in the last 5 years using this process at my credit union. Let me know if you have any questions.

Forgot to add that the car has a VDO boost gauge and a Scanmaster 2 for tuning. Upgraded intercooler hoses, MSD wires, engine torque strap, and has been converted to vacuum brakes. The Powermonster started dying a few months ago, so didn't bother replacing it.....went to the local salvage yard and got everything from a NA Regal. Problem solved....lol.

Thanks JDGN.....The car is fairly nice, especially for the mileage and the fact it was/is a daily driver.

Originally posted by 1BADAZZSS
How can I get it. Can I even get a loan on a car that old. I am very interested

If you can't pay cash for it at that price you don't want a loan. These cars once you get started on them will nickel and dime you to death. First you want to do this... then that... :eek: :p

Originally posted by 1BADAZZSS
How can I get it. Can I even get a loan on a car that old. I am very interested

You can do what I did with both the GNs I bought. Both were right at 5 grand so I went to the loan place and got a $5,000 personal loan. The car title was used as collateral. The interest was very high but I got both the cars. Everywhere I have asked has told me they don't do cars over a certain age. I think ten years was the longest I've been told could be financed. A car loan has alot cheaper interest however. I've seen something on the Kirban's website about financing these cars but have never inquired about it. Maybe someone up here has?

LOL........Where in the world did you find that bug? That the new project for you or something you have had for a while? I can say this....a Bug would make for an interesting project car. Those little flat motors love turbos.....lol.

Actually, thinking more and more about getting an 03-04 Mach 1 to mess around with for the time being. Then, later on can get me another TR/GN to have as a weekend toy....that's once the travel settles down a bit.

I bought it from a tech at a bug restoration shop here. I've got the lowered beam, all weather seals and pretty much everything to make it right. Yeah, it's another project that I don't have time to work on. :D