87 Turbo T 42K miles Grey no rust $13,000 OBO

jabasham

BTRAYD
Grey Turbo T, Grey interior (3.8 liter turbo, floor shift, trim is blacked out same as Grand National, chrome bumpers, body is grey), always adult owned and garaged, some chrome, factory turbine wheels in excellent condition (just put back on car), brand new tires, pre-oiler, Stainless steel exhaust, shifts firm, turbo sounds great when spoiling up. I have had both a Grand National and GNX this car is much more responsive than the GN and is possibly as quick as the GNX (but never risk it due to value). I have had the car out 4 times for about 100 miles and it runs great with no problems and looks great interior is a 9.5/10. I am just checking to see if there is any interest in it before I take it to storage for the winter. I will trade up for a reasonably priced low mile GNX. May take high quality brand named guns on trade (partial to HK). Car is located in Louisville KY, but will go to storage before weather gets bad (need to get truck in garage). $13,000 or best offer. If truly interested send your phone #.

I only purchased from friend because he lost his job/company car and he needed an every day driver.

Attachments

• IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 3,256
  • IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 3,246
  • IMG_0615.jpg
    IMG_0615.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 3,238
  • IMG_0617.jpg
    IMG_0617.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 3,233
i would like to see more pics with some more info on the car, is it all stock. YOU CAN CALL ME AT WORK TODAY FROM 8:30 TILL 4:30 TODAY 843-292-1578 THANKS LANCE FROM DARLINGTON SC

Nice, post some more detail pics of the interior, door bottoms, trunk area, under carriage, trunk sticker, etc.

Was the motor ever opened up? Raced?

To all

Sorry not real sharp on this site, but I hope this answer goes to all (I received some private messages as well). Sorry I had a long day it's after 12MN ET. 1st No Thank you to the $10,000 offer. In the next couple of days I will call Vince my buddy I got the car from and get better details and update listing if possible, if not I will add them like this. As far as pic's I'll pull the car out soon and take more Pic's (iphone quality) of the interior and engine, but all you're going to see is a beautiful grey interior and an engine that looks like just about every other 3.8. There is some chrome, black Buick valve covers, K&N filter... I seriously bought the car to help my buddy out and I had been thinking about buying a GN and putting the cosmetic GNX stuff on it so if this doesn't sell it will be getting some mods and painted black. When Vince brought the car to Louisville to trade it we were at my house waiting to hear from the dealer (who we knew wasn't going to offer enough) and I just said I would buy it and did so... I didn't crawl around checking numbers... I'm not a purist and I had known the car for about three years... I didn't even test drive it before buying it. I do know Vince has taken great care of it since he has had it and he like me likes to break the tires loose going into second gear:biggrin:, but neither one of us break torques or races our cars. The glove box is full of papers so I will see what maintenance records are there as well. I hope this helps more to come soon. Thanks for your inquiries J

Steve since your 86 was the 1st GN I ever drove :cool: and broke the tires loose in:biggrin: I guess I owe you one... glad you didn't mention it when I had the GNX. J

Additional details/window sticker

The original paperwork, books, Buick portfolio, receipts from the original owner and window sticker were in the glove box. Also info on the pre-oiler, volt booster... Vince said the 2nd owner was older than us (40ish) and the original owner is older than 2nd owner??? From the looks of it the original owner didn't do anything himself the stack of receipts is thicker than the Buick portfolio. Receipts from oil changes, tires, misc bolt-ons.... The 2nd owner apparently did his own maintenance and just drove the car to rod runs... Vince bought the car 2 years ago (I thought it was 3) with 40,660 miles and has driven it primarily to rod runs and a little on weekends to his home town and now to Louisville. He has replaced the head liner and changed the oil, put new tires and original rims back on it... I got the car with about 42,600 and now it's around 42,700 all I've done is drive it. (this is all the maint. details I will be adding).

Window sticker details:

AO1 SOFT RAY TINTED GLASS
A31 POWER WINDOWS
B88 PROTECTIVE BODY SIDE MOLDINGS
CD4 2 SPEED WIPER
C49 REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER
C60 A/C
D34 VANITY MIRROR
D68 BODY COLOR MIRRORS/REMOTE
G80 LIMITED SLIP REAR
K34 CRUISE CONTROL
LC2 TURBO V6
MX0 AUTO WITH OVERDRIVE
N33 TILT
QYH RADIAL TIRES
UK4 AM/FM
VK3 FRONT LICENSE PLATE MOUNT
W02 EXTERIOR SPORT PACKAGE
Y56 T PACKAGE: TOURING SUSPENSION, FAST RATIO STEERING…
15U EXTERIOR GRAY
*** TRIM 393- BUCKET SEATS- GRAY CLOTH
OPTION SUBTOTAL $4,525
TOTAL MSRP $16,517

I will be adding more pic's tomorrow if weather permits. J

Vicious it is a beautiful car. What a shame it would be to see it modified/painted black and destroy such a rare TR.

I might ride over this weekend and check it out, if you're gonna be home.

Please don't paint it! Its a gorgeous car. Someone will buy it. Ill be tuning in tomorrow for pictures, as I like what I see from others.

New pics

The weather has been bad here so I had to take the pic's in the garage and the flash was to bright for the trunk sticker, but the window sticker details in previous post should have answered any questions. As you can see in the pics there is "NO" rust "anywhere". The front seats look as good as the back, there is no wear on the seats, door panels or carpet. The door seal plates are bright and perfect. The top of the car could use a waxing and the window seals on driver/pass doors are dry and have some cracks. You can see in two of the pics the stack of receipts from the cars maintenance. This is not a $10,000 car for sale for $13,000 it is a $13,000-$16,000 or more car for sale for $13,000 and I'm sure the books have it valued higher. If your budget is in the $10,000 range please move on to a high mile or non-turbo car.
Can only add 5 pics so there will be another post after this one.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,468
  • IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 2,465
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,463
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2,458
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,449
More requested pics

Posting these and taking a break I will post motor tomorrow. Weather here is getting bad so car will be going to storage if not sold soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,446
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,436
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 2,435
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 2,423
  • IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 2,428
New motor pic

First thanks for all the positive comments! If you are a serious interested party and you have sent your contact # and we have not spoken please send again I have lost track of who I spoke with... I have tried to answer Q's here vs. individually. I have 2 cars for sale (1 on ebay) and I have been overwhelmed with Q's and request. And have spent too much time on the phone so please only request contact if you are a "SERIOUS" buyer.
This car had a clean car fax 2 years ago when Vince bought it (no I do not have it, but he is going to look for it). As far as I know it is the original paint.

Yes, as it has been pointed out to me I listed for $13,000 OBO (that means you make the offer); however, I did not list for $13,000 AMBD (ask my bottom dollar). If it were an auction I would have listed $12k starting bid. At the current time I have offers.... That being said I am trying to get as close to $13K as I can. I am just trying to avoid storing the car if it is not sold toward the end of next week I plan to put it in storage when weather permits.

For anyone who wants to know the bottom dollar or who is in that $10,000 price range there is a nice 87 Grey T on ebay for $7,900 buy it now it only has 170,000 miles and it's beautiful... Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 2,281
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 2,289