'87 Turbo Regal with 7.5 Posi Rear?

need to correct one of my my previous posts: they did put 7.5's with 3.73 gears in the 84-88 Monte Carlo SS.

codes don't mean crap on something that is obviously not stock to the car and is more than a quarter of a century old. all that matters is what's inside- you might have the proper 3.42 gears and a posi in a Malibu housing, or you might have some stock 2.47 gears in a Cutlass housing..
but if i was a betting man, someone probably picked up a cheap 3.73 rear end out of a Monte SS (they used to clutter up junkyards and are the only place you are guaranteed to get good gears in a G body 7.5 rear end) after either blowing up or selling off the stock 8.5 to pay off gambling debts or something..

Attachments

• 87 T rear.JPG
    87 T rear.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 123
need to correct one of my my previous posts: they did put 7.5's with 3.73 gears in the 84-88 Monte Carlo SS.

codes don't mean crap on something that is obviously not stock to the car and is more than a quarter of a century old. all that matters is what's inside- you might have the proper 3.42 gears and a posi in a Malibu housing, or you might have some stock 2.47 gears in a Cutlass housing..
but if i was a betting man, someone probably picked up a cheap 3.73 rear end out of a Monte SS (they used to clutter up junkyards and are the only place you are guaranteed to get good gears in a G body 7.5 rear end) after either blowing up or selling off the stock 8.5 to pay off gambling debts or something..
Can you identify this rear, see pic. Thanks

Attachments

• 87 T rear.JPG
    87 T rear.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 75
that's a 7.5 with a posi tag on it- which doesn't necessarily mean it's a posi...
gotta pop the cover and start looking at stuff and counting teeth to see what it is.

that's a 7.5 with a posi tag on it- which doesn't necessarily mean it's a posi...
gotta pop the cover and start looking at stuff and counting teeth to see what it is.
It has a posi in it with 342 gears, too bad its a 7.5, no more burn-outs for me... Thanks

It has a posi in it with 342 gears, too bad its a 7.5, no more burn-outs for me... Thanks

The one under my GN lasted 5 years before it started to lock up did find a housing and had pacecar ta put it together for me but mine had a 3.73 Eaton in it

it's a G body housing with what are probably Camaro guts in it... they will take a fair amount of abuse as long as you don't get traction..