'87 T Type

Pliskin1

Not that I'm a long term member here, but I don't think I ever posted up any pics. Gave the 'ol girl a bath and wax this weekend so I snapped off a couple of cell phone pics.

Where's all our maroon guys at??

2s66o3a.jpg

29nies2.jpg

I just realized the first picture actually makes it look like its all banged up or scratched. That's actually just the reflection of Belgium block on the street and leaves that are piled up next to it. I mean, she's not mint, but she doesn't look that bad!

Real nice. Are those the weights for balancing on the outside of the rim? (Can't see to clearly on my cell)

Real nice. Are those the weights for balancing on the outside of the rim? (Can't see to clearly on my cell)

Geez, I can't believe it looks that bad! Yes, what you are seeing is either the wheel weights themselves. or marks on the rims from where the weights used to be. The tires on the car a cheap, but I figure I'd just burn them off before replacing. To be honest, wheels/tires aren't at the top of the list as I'm still concentrating on the mechanics of the car.

I detailed cars for a while years ago, but these wheels have been giving me a tough time. Can't seem to get them cleaned up the way I'd like. At some point, I'll be putting a new set on there, but I'll still hold on to these stockers.

And thanks for the compliments, guys.

Your car is sweet. Nice sleeper. It just always burnt my ass when they balanced them with the weights on the outside.

Your car is sweet. Nice sleeper. It just always burnt my ass when they balanced them with the weights on the outside.
Simply tell them on the front end to put the weights on the inside. I did with the '84 wheels I'm now running as it looks much cleaner.

Simply tell them on the front end to put the weights on the inside. I did with the '84 wheels I'm now running as it looks much cleaner.
I agree, and I'm usually particular with my cars and how they look. I actually bought the car (back in Feb) with these tires on it, so the balancing was done by whoever.