'87 stock rims painted black?

Guess

87 GN
Anybody have a pic of stock rims painted all black on a GN? Mine are in bad shape with some surface rust and can't seem to shine them up worth a damn and don't want to spend the money on rims right now. I've got other stuff I have to sink money into.

I wanted to see if anybody had done it and see if it looks good, or like crap, painted all black. I didn't find any on google.

I think they might look badass with a GOOD paint job and chrome lip. Maybe even without the chrome lip.

I think they might look badass with a GOOD paint job and chrome lip. Maybe even without the chrome lip. Do it. Be original. You may be on to something. My .02

A chrome lip would look good I think. I thought maybe painting them all black might make them look better than they look now.

I don't want to get them re-chromed. I'll probably get some polished aluminum rims later. I gotta re-build the front suspension, replace springs, get posi, meth kit and get the AC working before rims. :D Oh, the list is long.

Maybe I can play with photoshop.

Nothing special...taped off the lip and sprayed the center flat black. I can put up a better pic tomorrow, this one was taken on a cloudy day. IMO they'd look better all black.
blackstockers.jpg