87 Regal Part Out Prices

Scott A.

Does anybody have some sort of pricing list for what an 85-87 Regal would bring if I parted it out? I picked up a complete car yesterday, 87 NA Regal 3.8, body isn't too bad but it has title issues and I don't think its worth fixing. I was going to keep it around until I'm finished with my 85 Regal build, then part it out. Just wondering if anybody had any type of pricing list, I've been reading various threads of stuff for sale and how much to get an idea of how much to ask. Wasn't looking to get rich off it, but didn't want to give it away either.

Thanks,

Does anybody have some sort of pricing list for what an 85-87 Regal would bring if I parted it out? I picked up a complete car yesterday, 87 NA Regal 3.8, body isn't too bad but it has title issues and I don't think its worth fixing. I was going to keep it around until I'm finished with my 85 Regal build, then part it out. Just wondering if anybody had any type of pricing list, I've been reading various threads of stuff for sale and how much to get an idea of how much to ask. Wasn't looking to get rich off it, but didn't want to give it away either.

Thanks,

A picture of that car your planning to part out,would pay dividend. Some members base the price they will pay for car parts off appearance an milage. But that is a good idea to go back through some old threads I don't no of any price list for used T/B parts available ,because there are so many variable.

Post some pictures and see what everyone needs/wants. And maybe they can PM you their offers. Should give you an idea before you start.

kirban 2 cents worth

I got some experience at this not as much as say Gbody...

However certain items have good core value to me. Example the turbo is worth $125 rite now to us as is the powermaster brake unit, the correct original mass airflow sensor is worth $45 to us...steering wheel has value think its $100 what is nice about these parts is condition don;t matter as long as complete not busted. These are letters of credit we issue not cash although we may buy the turbo for cash at this point.

I also buy 3rd brake lites....

so there are some ideas....dealing these items this way helps us help others keep their cars on the road.....

You pay shipping sending by us mail to our po box 1199 is the cheapest....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here it is....it's tough to look at. Body really isn't all that bad, guess it was a 2-owner car. I'm not looking to part it out yet, was just going to see what parts have value and if it was better to part or sell it complete, when I'm ready. The seller threw in some extra parts that I already used on my Regal. Buddy of mine said I might be surprised what it would sell for, its a complete running and driving car. Newer exhaust & radiator. Tires are about a year old, transmission was rebuilt a few years ago, not leaking oil, runs fine.

I think I can part it and get around $2500 for it from what I've seen others asking. Would the complete car be worth anywhere near that? I wouldn't think so, but I hard a hard time finding a complete one that wasn't totally rotted around here. Perhaps a coat of primer would help the resale.

Attachments

• 87 regal.JPG
    87 regal.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 130
kirban 2 cents worth

I obviousily read your ad too quick....missed the wording thought it was a turbo regal.. if you get $2500 for it as a complete car that sounds like good money especially if car has title issues...in my state title issues can spell disaster....I know I been down that road on cars I bought State Police can do some changes but others they can;t in my state.

good luck

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I wish it was a turbo car...it does have the third brake light and I think its a turbo 3-spoke steering wheel, would have to double check. I thought $1000-$1500 for it complete with title issues was the going rate, just wanted to get a sanity check. If that's the case, I think I'll do this car a favor and part it! I have the title, and can get it transferred legally over to me (all notarized and legal), but I don't think I want to mess with it.

I've parted out a few gbody cars over the years. I think it's unrealistic to expect that car will yield $2500 in parts.

If the doors are solid, they are worth $150-200 each. If it is a bucket seat car, the seats, console, and seatbelts are worth some money. Transmission could bring $100-200. Steering column is worth around $100. The 87 header, grill, headlights are desirable. Wheels/tires maybe $200. Depending on what's left, a dirt track racer will give 2-300 for body/frame. Everything else is a $20-30 part at best.

Craigslist is good for selling big parts that you can't ship. Ebay and this site are good for the small stuff. Don't undervalue your time. You will spend a ton of time replying to phone calls, emails, texts, private messages. It takes a lot of time to remove parts, box them up, and ship them. Plan to have the car and/or a pile of parts sitting around for a year until pretty much everything sells.

Those prices are about what I was thinking, I'll post a rough price list I put together a little later to see if I'm in the ballpark on everything else. Yeah, I've parted cars before, it's a long process. Dealing with craigslist is frustrating as well, with people that love to waste your time. I bought the car mainly to have the parts I needed right in front of me instead of hunting for one at a yard somewhere, anything else I can make off of it when I'm done with it is a bonus. I didn't even think the motor and transmission were really worth anything, but maybe they are. Aren't the 87 NA heads the same as the turbo motors? Thought the block was the same casting as well, but the oil return was different?

The block is the same apparently but there isn't a oil return for the turbo. Has to be drilled or returned to the pan somehow. I think the heads are the same. I got a N/A motor and the casting numbers on the heads are the same as the turbo cars. Maybe the rocker assemblies are different?

Here it is....it's tough to look at. Body really isn't all that bad, guess it was a 2-owner car. I'm not looking to part it out yet, was just going to see what parts have value and if it was better to part or sell it complete, when I'm ready. The seller threw in some extra parts that I already used on my Regal. Buddy of mine said I might be surprised what it would sell for, its a complete running and driving car. Newer exhaust & radiator. Tires are about a year old, transmission was rebuilt a few years ago, not leaking oil, runs fine.

I think I can part it and get around $2500 for it from what I've seen others asking. Would the complete car be worth anywhere near that? I wouldn't think so, but I hard a hard time finding a complete one that wasn't totally rotted around here. Perhaps a coat of primer would help the resale.

Looks like an old cop car to me.......

Here's the part prices I was thinking of asking, when I'm ready to part it (I'm not parting it yet):

- $200 driver door complete with glass and interior panel, good shape
- $200 passenger door compete with glass and interior panel, good shape
- $150 trunk lid, good shape
- $250 wheels and tires, 1 year old, very good shape, 15" with chrome center caps
- $30 filler panel between trunk and rear glass
- $25 V6 radiator, fairly new, excellent shape
- $125 rear bumper, good shape, good chrome, complete, very minor dent in corner
- $50 V6 electronic carb
- $50 each rear taillights (total of 4)
- $100 core support
- $50 driver side front fender, good shape
- $50 each passenger side front fender, good shape (total of 2)
- $50 each rear quarter glass
- $25 driver side door glass
- $25 passenger side door glass
- $100 hood, good shape
- $150 front nose header panel, good shape
- $30 rear glass (total of 2)
- $25 V6 exhaust cat-back, very good shape, fairly new
- $50 grey hardtop headliner and visors, good shape, no tears or sags, but not original fabric
- $25 grey radio bezel trim
- $75 chrome 87 grille, good shape
- $40 grey dash bezel trim
- $150 steering column with keys, grey 3-spoke steering wheel, column shifter
- $100 200 transmission, recent rebuilt

That's about $2500 and leaves me the shell, engine, frame, etc. I'd imagine there are more parts I've missed, and I'm betting I can scrap the rest for $100-$150? Figure the catalytic converter will bring $40-$50?

Do these prices look like a reasonable start? I realize pics would help, and will get them when I'm ready to list all it, just wanted to see if I'm being realistic on pricing.

If and when, I'll take those 1/4 glass pieces.

Let me know.:D