87 power antenna bracket

asto-t

I having the car painted So my body guy took off fender . He found the antenna was just attached by the antenna nut. I need antenna bracket to bolt up to fender. I am not sure if its two piece`s

I called them and there out of stock. Glen has them but you have to buy the mast to get the clip. I tried the dealer and the part is discontinued.
Damn I discoed those years ago. I mean like in 05 or 06. Then I get to come on here & read I am out of them.

tim
i had some complete antennas but they are gone ,
now just a box of parts that i might have what you need but without one to see i wouldnt be sure if what i have is for the G-body,

also seeing as how you dont have a bracket are you sure you have a gm antenna

and the pic on nos4gn of 22038589 that bracket (tab ) he had was the part spot welded to the mast , theres a seperate galvanized bracket that bolts to that mast tab to reach the fender

heres the diagram , i assume you need #13 not the one glen had that welds on

Attachments

• 09-76 power antenna.PDF
    43.9 KB · Views: 32
Paul is correct you should need #13. Then You are correct they are still on the site. Not a big deal to get them built. I'm getting ready to do shifter brackets for the console shifter conversion. I'll just send a NOS 1 with it.

So then I started thinking the originals had the bracket welded on. Then I looked at my site with the rebuild kit.
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=838&osCsid=1bf86867be086c27027495d32fcc5d00
No bracket. Then my memory from way back when I was an electrician kicked in. So I go back in our maintenance room & try a 3/4" emt Strap. Snaps on perfect around the mast. So a small tack weld & you should be good. Providing you have the bracket part # 13.
I just did a lot of walking LOL

BTW a 3/4" emt (Electrical metalic conduit) Strap can be found in any Lowe's, Home depot, hardware store, etc.

Brian, Thanks. I can handle the emt strap have plenty of them. Now, I just need #13. I called your store and they may have a used one off a bad one?

Just tell them Brian Said he would hook me up. He is giving me a good used 1. cover the $5.00 USPS priority & I'll get you 1 out. I'll throw in the EMT strap & the mounting screw if you need it.

Just tell them Brian Said he would hook me up. He is giving me a good used 1. cover the $5.00 USPS priority & I'll get you 1 out. I'll throw in the EMT strap & the mounting screw if you need it.
Brian, Thanks again!