87 GNX replica/performance oriented

Status
Not open for further replies.
i made so many phone calls and sent emails back and forth asking about the car.
and hearing that RUST could be a issue with these cars i asked if it had rust issues or previous crash damage. With the car having a new interior and carpets this RUST issue could not of been unknown

Its not cheap at all to import with the price of car car the freight and then @ this end i got charged 5% import tax on the cost of car/freight and then after that 10% GST on top so theres another $3500 in taxes alone.
Ive also spent thousands in ordering all upgrade components to install once it arrived

u usually get what u pay 4. unknown mechanical issues is beyond the seller if the car didnt have those issues when he sold it but rusted floors not disclosed means the seller is just a scumbag, buying a car sight unseen from a guy with 38 posts should have been ur first clue

You get what you pay for? i thought i paid the right price for a car as described.

its a crappy feeling after wanting a GN now for over 15yrs then this happens i certainly wouldn't buy a car if there was any hint there were issues like this.

yes it is not a good feeling finding rust, with a grungie engine bay {hyobooster] looks like the body has some miles beening a 85, should of ask for under car pics, but if you get all pumped up about a car like i do its easy to over look with all the engine build eye candy, for 15,000 you did not do bad taxes and expo suck , like brett said should of told you about floors:mad:

Actually yes it does, if you look at 75% or more of the problem children selling parts etc on here it is low count posters.........
exactly. its no guarentee but nothing is. law of averages. some people just cant be pleased tho

You get what you pay for? i thought i paid the right price for a car as described.

its a crappy feeling after wanting a GN now for over 15yrs then this happens i certainly wouldn't buy a car if there was any hint there were issues like this.

I too recently bought a car I've wanted since seeing my first GNX at the Anaheim Auto Show in 1986. Even then, I knew I would have one some day:cool: I will have to wait a bit longer as what I can afford now is a clone car also:wink:. It's got the vents, the flares, a decent GNX style dash and I bought it site unseen as well. I did look at over 50 pictures of the car, unfortunatly for me, those were not the pics of my car:mad: Long story but the car was on consignment in at a buy here pay here lot in Florida, owned by a friend-of-a-friend. Car lot did the ebay add at the owners request. Wildly optimistic description, yep. Photos pulled off the web, those too. Out and out lies, uh huh. Owner did dump a ton of cash into the car but it's so far from the car that was described (and shown in the pics) that it makes me ill to think about it. So I'm just gonna build it into what I want it to be. It's gonna take a while and probably more than the purchase price, but I'll get it there:cool:

I should note that the previous owner (who was not involved in the add, he's a time challenged businessman that needed to sell a handfull of cars to relocate and selling the GN was very low on his priority list) is working with me to make right (financially) the egregious misrepresentations. Still, the car makes me happy when I drive it:smile:, or wax it:smile:, or wrench on it:smile:, or...

Alan

I'm going to fix this too with being well over $20k into it with buying it plus freight and taxes. On top of that theres all the performance parts I've got for it while it was being shipped. Alky kit,turbo,wastegate,rear control arms and $3k 18" billet wheels. The comment some people just can't be pleased huh what you'd be pleased with this if you paid out all that money for a car and it turned up with issues you werent made aware of? Come on give me a break.

You never did answer if you asked the seller for or saw more detailed pics of the car beforing buying it....
Post some pics of the issues you found with the car. I think everyone would be interested in seeing what it looks like.

The comment some people just can't be pleased huh what you'd be pleased with this if you paid out all that money for a car and it turned up with issues you werent made aware of? Come on give me a break.

I too am sorry to hear you ended up with something that was not what you expected, but the reality of any sale on this board(or any other for that matter) is this:

This is the very first "sticky" in the "Cars for Sale" section:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/287242-anyone-thinking-about-buying-car-read.html

If someone doesn't bother to read that or simply did not care to have someone here look at the car for them, they could certainly pay an appraiser to give them a detailed assessment of the vehicle which would have only cost them a couple hundred bucks which would have been money well spent and much easier than coming to see it themself. Most appraisers are professionals that have a good idea what they are doing and will provide a buyer with a detailed writeup on the car as well as provide detailed photos. I would always recommending personally inspecting any car in person first if that option makes sense(however, it does not always make sense due to distance and logistics).

If anyone buys a car not doing any of that has to stand up, be a man and realize that they and they alone are responsible for having the car checked out before any money changed hands and live with the results if they chose for whatever reason not to do so.

Now on the other hand, should sellers knowingly lie, hell no! But that does not change the fact that buyers should protect themselves.

Unfortunately, there are many people in the car business that are unscrupulous and will go out of their way to get over on someone. That is the exact reason I started the "sticky" above. It was intended to help others if they "wanted" help. Key word being 'WANT". If anyone gets over excited about how a car looks in photos and they don't take measures to protect themselves, they have no one to blame but themselves. Especially when there are so many good people here that are more than willing to help.

Not bashing anyone here because I don't have all the facts relative to this situation. Just stating fact as it would relate to any transaction in my opinion.

Bottomline is buyer beware and know that you have options to protect yourself if you so choose to utilize them.

Just my $.02 for whatever it may be worth to anyone else.:biggrin:

I'm going to fix this too with being well over $20k into it with buying it plus freight and taxes. On top of that theres all the performance parts I've got for it while it was being shipped. Alky kit,turbo,wastegate,rear control arms and $3k 18" billet wheels. The comment some people just can't be pleased huh what you'd be pleased with this if you paid out all that money for a car and it turned up with issues you werent made aware of? Come on give me a break.

did i miss something the car came with 62, and a racegate why buy again

Keep hearing your complaints.
Yet no answer for the important QUESTIONS.
Did you request more photos of the car.
If so post what he sent ya and post pics of the problems.

NO i didnt receive actual pics of the affected areas. if i did that would be the story finished. yes i did get more pictures than are posted in the advert. i will post pics up of the floor pans once ive stripped the interior and carpet all out.
In summing up I took someone on their word that the car was rust free YES my mistake. its amazing though that i seem to be the one get grilled here. he seemed like a up front guy as did other people i spoke on the forum in the regarding purchasing a GN to import. thanks for the support

NO i didnt receive actual pics of the affected areas. if i did that would be the story finished. yes i did get more pictures than are posted in the advert. i will post pics up of the floor pans once ive stripped the interior and carpet all out.
In summing up I took someone on their word that the car was rust free YES my mistake. its amazing though that i seem to be the one get grilled here. he seemed like a up front guy as did other people i spoke on the forum in the regarding purchasing a GN to import. thanks for the support

I dont see the need for this to continue on, the buyer trusted the seller a little to much and got burned. End of story. Lesson Learned.

Cars

When's the last time you heard someone say, "The car I bought on e bay was way better than described?"

That being said, I've looked at a lot of cars in person after talking to the seller & only a few were even close to being as nice as what the seller described. To those, thumbs up, to everyone else, Carma has a funny way of getting even.

Sorry to hear about that. Still looks to be a damn nice car and once you get the floor pans fixed I'm sure it will be in a league of its own! Think posotive.

Status
Not open for further replies.