87 GN vs Mitsubushi Lancer Turbo

Frank87

About one month ago I was just cruising the streets here in the Chicagoland area with my 87 GN TA49 Turbo 009 injectors upgraded fuel pump BF Goodrich drag radials etc etc.. Well anyway I was stopped at the red lite hoping I could pick up a race from the light ( ilegal I know) when I looked in my right outside mirror and I saw a car coming sort of fast and I was hoping that the light would stay red until he stopped.As soon as he got around my rear bumper the light turned green now I had already been building boost ( 2-5 lbs dont remember exactly) well I let it rip as I thought this guy is going to spank me good. Well he had me thru the intersection or should I say I had him as we got across the intersection I stared pulling on him hard and walking away from him. I did notice a big intercooler as I pulled further away from him. Now I know he was doing about 40 plus mph as he got close to me but I still managed to smoke him good and when everything was set and done and I let off at about 70 (2 to 3 car lenghts) and slowed to the speed limit he gave me a thumbs up.His car did sound nice I never saw the back of his car but I would imagine he had one of those weird mufflers.Now I just checked the Mitsubishi web site and those things have 286 horsepower. Anyway I thought it was a good kill.

nice kill, havent had the opportunity to race one of those yet but there is one rollin around where i live! i may have to find him:biggrin: if it was an evo 8 or one of the brand new ones, they r low 13 cars!