87 GN update

Robert Dean

So I've finally got my car sorted out and its running great. I am happy. It all started with rough idle and high block lean numbers. It turns out that the main problem was the wrong injectors installed by the previous owner. The injectors that were in it were to small, 20 lb injectors. Eric from turbo tweak helped me figure it out. I asked him to make me a chip and he asked me for the serial number off an injector so he could make the perfect chip for me. I gave him the number and he got back to me right away and asked if i was sure that was the right number because those injectors are wrong. So instead he made up an injector/chip combo for me and its working perfectly now. Eric for the win!!!! So now I have a pretty decent set up. 42 lb injectors, turbo tweak 5.7 chip, hotwire kit with RXP 255 fuel pump, LT1 MAF sensor/translator setup, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, manual boost controller. Probably some other goodies that i'm forgetting about right now, but overall a fairly decent setup. There was a bit of a mess up with the RXP 255 fuel pump. The first one I got was defective and I had to drop the tank a second time and install a new pump. Other than that I am happy and now I'm ready to get out and get some driving time in before the snow flies. Thanks again to Eric for helping me figure things out. I owe some thanks to Dan at GNnorthwest down in Everett Washington for the technical advice he gave me on a bunch of stuff, and a bunch of thank you's to all the guys here on turbo buick for all the tips and advice that helped me learn so much about this car so I was able to figure out the issues and get things tuned up and running just perfectly. Awesome and awesome and now its game on!! lol.