87 gn runs high 11's advice

The Don

Banned
there is an 87 gn for sale that I wanna buy....the dealer says it last ran high 11's it has a bigger turbo bigger injectors and fmic, it also has 88k miles and has a good body and interior, new head gaskets and rods....what it needs is an exhaust and it has a loose bearing in the engine he said it runs....he wants $8500 or he'll take my car plus $3500 cash! Plus he will finaince me with payments! should I take it and how hard is it to fix or replace a loose bearing

yeah true I would be loosing out. My car is worth atleast $7k, he says its only worth $4500 to him, so I'm loosing $2500 there, plus the $3500 he wants, plus the cost of a new engine($1500), plus labor for anything I can't do($600)=well too lazy to add so we'll say a **** load of money!!!

Unless you can get a steal of a deal, you're better off spending more to begin with. It will save you money in the long run.

JMO

Originally posted by The Don
and it has a loose bearing in the engine

If you fix it it could be hundreds to thousands depending on if you can reuse the crank and any other damage. If you have some else do it, it will be thousands. $8500 sounds steep for a fixer-upper.

he said the crank is good no other damage but the loose bearing! The main problem I'm really having is that my car is worth $6500-7k and he only wants to give me $4500 for it.

OK....

You can find a solid car that runs good with the same potential elsewere. This sounds like a crap deal to me. I purchase my car with 63,000 miles solid and straight for 6500 it was a stock set-up that needed paint. HOSE JOB

Do you get Vaseline with the deal? I can tell you for a fact he will turn around and take your car and sell it for at least 3k more than he gives you. A loose bearing? Think of it this way, what would allow a bearing to come loose? Nothing good or cheap to fix.

Pass on it.