87 GN Rim weight vs 87 T-Wheel weight

hi
i have 85 gn rim rims, look like 87 t type rims, same thing?, i hear they are better for wider tires(backspacing) than 87 gn rims, is that true?

dandman said:
hi
i have 85 gn rim rims, look like 87 t type rims, same thing?, i hear they are better for wider tires(backspacing) than 87 gn rims, is that true?

T wheels and 84-5 GN wheels have 3 3/4" backspace and the 86-7 GN wheels have 4" backspace.So I guess you could run a slightly wider tire.

The 86-87 T wheel should give you a 1/4" more clearance between the frame and the inside of the wheel ,than a 86-87 GN wheel.So with a T wheel you may be able to go with a slightly wider tire.
Both 86-7 T and 86-7GN wheels are 7" wide so that may limt how wide a tire you can use. :confused:

Joe Cancer said:
The 86-87 T wheel should give you a 1/4" more clearance between the frame and the inside of the wheel ,than a 86-87 GN wheel.So with a T wheel you may be able to go with a slightly wider tire.
Both 86-7 T and 86-7GN wheels are 7" wide so that may limt how wide a tire you can use. :confused:

You can still run a fairly wide tire. Currently I'm running 295-50-15 with no rubbing what so ever on mt T rims. Not to sure about the GN rims though.

Ray