87 GN Rear in a 64 Skylark(or other A Body)?

sd-slider

NOWUFFO
I know this is do-able with some minor adjustments. I have heard the UCA's need to be fab'd or adjustable ones used.

Would anyone that has done the swap be willing to kick down the UCA specs or dimensions, adjustable or otherwise?

I'm at the point where I need to make the swap and was hoping for some solid info before I end up with two non-rolling chassis beside the garage....:confused:

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Use an 8.5" from a 71-72 Skylark instead. It already has bolt-in axles and is a lot more plentiful in the yards. It's a bolt in for your car, but 1" wider flange to flange, so you'll need to adjust your wheel backspace accordingly.

Use an 8.5" from a 71-72 Skylark instead. It already has bolt-in axles and is a lot more plentiful in the yards. It's a bolt in for your car, but 1" wider flange to flange, so you'll need to adjust your wheel backspace accordingly.

Although this sounds like a good idea....I have a GN rear that I would like to use and hoped to gather info on that specific swap.

My understanding is the GN rear is ~1" narrower and will give me the option for slightly wider tires on the rear.

Thanks.