87 GN real or Clone

why would they remove the rpo sticker from INSIDE the trunk lid on a repaint?? Hmmmmm..
Does it have a GN interior? Complete with grand national plate above glovebox door?
Does it have a turbo sticker on top of the heater box?

Originally posted by ICUturbo
The car has been re-painted and there are no stickers anywhere,
according to the Vin# it`s a turbo, But that`s all it tells me.
PLEASE HEEELLPP!!! How can I find out for sure without the stickers??.:confused: ahhhhhhhhh I`m dying over here!!!!!

I hope it`s not a clone... I love the car!

Check it out:
http://communities.msn.com/GNflybysPics/shoebox.msnw?Page=1
Dude ,
If it is a REAL turbo car (engine code #7) don't worry about it!!!
Is a STICKER going to make a that much of a difference in how you feel about the car?
It's amazing that some people think GN parts are different .
i.e. GN fender or door ,same as any other Regal part ,turbo or not.
The GN has a spoiler (although it came on a few T-Types)
Old timey ,heavy azz ,chome wheels and a few GN emblems , THATS IT . Everthing else is color changes only . The interior's are the identical exept for color.
Now the GNX, that car has some real differences , not just a fancy color shceme or decals.

It`s definately a factory turbo car #7, I guess it really doesn`t matter, the car runs great, looks great, and I feel great when I drive it. Ultimately I guess thats what really counts.
Thank you all for your help and suggestions. :cool:

Where in CT are ya?

I've got a real one we can compare to. :)

Does it have a Grand National placque on the passengers side dash area? Or does it simply say Buick on it?

Hey SalvageV6,
I`m in Bridgeport, The placque on the passenger side dash area says, Buick GRAND NATIONAL Intercooled. I mean the only reason I think It may be fake is because there are no stickers.
But what you see when you look at this car is a pure GranNash,
Right down to the smallest detail, except of course the stickers.

No stickers

Maybe the deck lid had heavy rust on it and the owner decided to have it replaced or could have had a rear end collision.You did mension it had a repaint! Only the owner would know. Why not ask the previous owner. How would you get a replacement stricker if you replaced to deck lid?
Peachs

Why not trace the VIN number in CARFAX, or whatever that company is that will give you the history of the vehicle. You'll find all the owners, and other stuff you might be interested in.

Hope you are in a good section. :) Lock that thing up good at night. Get some theft prevention stuff too.

It's probably a real one. Most likely it was painted and they took the emblems off it. Maybe even the inside of the trunk too who knows.

What is the paint code on it from the metal placque inside the engine compartment on the drivers side back of the firewall?

You'll have to come up north a bit and we can compare GN's...

Mines black... :D