87 GN, new motor

turbosam6

My cars suck
Selling an 87 GN, 138K on the clock, trans has been freshened and a new motor is going in Saturday. Motor will be stock bore, stock pistons, stock heads with GM gaskets, fresh valve job and seals, new 212 cam, 009 injectors, THDP dp, stock turbo, posi rear, new tires, good mechanical condition.

The interior is very clean for the miles, only flaw I've found is a cracked speaker panel, very common. No rips, burns, tears, etc. Good headliner too. Body is also nice, has about 3 small door dings, no big dents. Its been repainted, unsure of when or by whom, but it cleans up nice. The stock rims are in good condition, one has a some rust causing the chrome to lift. Nothing too bad. All in all, I'd say it would be a very nice cruiser.

The car is located in Champaign Illinois, about 2 or 3 hours south of Chicago. I'll get pics as soon as the motor is in. $8000.00.

BTW, just so everyone knows, this IS NOT the car in my signature.:D

I dunno, I really need to sell it. Too many cars! Plus, I couldn't offer what your car is worth, I hear its really clean. But seriously, I need those draglites! Whats up? How about the draglites and $7400 for the GN?:D

Its not that clean , probably worth maybe around 5,500 tops (Because of AOD/red interior)... Not sure on Draglites yet , I dont really need them , but I know if I sell them , Ill never get them back for what I paid.. :(

you're turning into quite the car dealer Sam! You've sold more cars in last 6 mo. than I've ever owned. If you are going to be around tomorrow night, I will be in Champaign...give me a call and I'll swing by. 309-824-7237

I've only sold 2 cars this year thus far, one was my Lightning which I've had for awhile. Well, I sold the honda too, but it was only half a car!:D

I think the power steering pump is shot, its like $58 for a new one. My g/f is having some problems with our pregnancy and I may not have much time to work on this. I tuned it a little tonight and changed the oil, looks good. I'll sell the car as it sits for $7500, it shifts nice and firm and runs cool. Also the car has a Hooker cat back with test pipe installed.

Its funny I see people interested in cars in way worse condition with old high mile motors for the same money but no one wants this one?

I know, but I gotta try! I am fully prepared to sit on it till spring, I'd just rather not. With the baby due real soon here, I probably won't have time for messing with it. I have one guy closeby who is really interested, he looked at it tonight, but he has like 4 other GN's and he has to sell one to buy mine. He did mention tonight it looked alot better than I described, but I'm pretty particular on my cars, so whats clean to some is junk to me.

Oh, also who did the engine, and trans work??? Stock D5 in it??? Options on car?????:)