87 gn miss at idle

Rizzo

I have finally bought my dream car and it needs alittle work.Main worry is a miss at idle that seems to go away after shutting it down and restarting it.The idle is high also at times and doesnt seem to go down without restarting it.Dont know if it will help but it has 38ld injectors and is mostly stock(for now)Any help would be very welcomed as it goes in next week for heater core and ac charge.Just want some piece of mind and to help out my mechanic since im to busy to do it myself.

It just says street on the chip,car came with one called a thrasher but i was told to throw it away.It revs around 2400 when its cold amd wont come down unless you shut down and restart.Why couldnt this thing have 1050 dominator on it!!

Streety3 is the chip,happens with both.It goes away for 30sec comes back and gets worse then goes away.1Hr ago it didnt do it at all until i shut it down amd restarted it.Im planning on new valvesprings/injectors and new chip for this set up.

Sometimes old school chips will behave that way. Get a modern Turbotweak chip burned for your combo and start from there. If you don't currently have some type of scantool, like a Scanmaster, that allows you to monitor knock (among other things) then don't pound on it until you do get one and can see whats going on.

In the meantime start doing lots of reading about your new car. If your experience is with carbed cars there will be a learning curve. These cars are just different.

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/

Unplug the orange wire at the battery. That's the power to ECM
Pull the chip out and see if there is more info on the bottom of the chip

Put the thrasher chip in and see if the high rev cold start goes away after you plug back in the orange wire at the battery

Pull the iac out and clean the carbon off it, check for vac leaks too

If the thrasher chip has anti theft installed, there is a procedure to start the car. Do you know the procedure?

Unplug the orange wire at the battery. That's the power to ECM
Pull the chip out and see if there is more info on the bottom of the chip

Put the thrasher chip in and see if the high rev cold start goes away after you plug back in the orange wire at the battery

Pull the iac out and clean the carbon off it, check for vac leaks too

If the thrasher chip has anti theft installed, there is a procedure to start the car. Do you know the procedure?
Yes i know the procedure,battery doesnt hold the volts so i have to use charger

It has a scanmaster but dont see any codes and dont think i heard any knock
That's good that you have a Scanmaster. It won't show any codes unless something is majorly wrong. You don't want to wait to "hear" knock. Your Scanmaster displays it on the right side of the home screen. The Vortex site I gave you the link for above has a good section on how to use and interpret Scanmaster data.

When you have the time create a signature and list all your mods. That will make it easier for others to know what you're working with when helping you work out your problems.

When you have the time create a signature and list all your mods. That will make it easier for others to know what you're working with when helping you work out your problems.
It only has 38lb injectors/walbro 340 fuel pump/hotwire kit/3"downpipe amd flowmaster 3"exhaust.Tranny is more my stlye as its a t400 2800 stall and trans brake.

I have finally bought my dream car and it needs alittle work.Main worry is a miss at idle that seems to go away after shutting it down and restarting it.The idle is high also at times and doesnt seem to go down without restarting it.Dont know if it will help but it has 38ld injectors and is mostly stock(for now)Any help would be very welcomed as it goes in next week for heater core and ac charge.Just want some piece of mind and to help out my mechanic since im to busy to do it myself.
Update!Just read up on turbos/scanmasters on gn's.Im not in the dark about these cars just never had to work on one.Did a basic tune on it and seems alot of the miss went away and the high idle is completely gone after several attempts to make it do it again.The car i bought was only driven 170 miles in last 3yrs so fresh ethanol free gas might of helped also.But huge impovment has been made.Thanks everyone for the tips/knowledge

Most chips work best with a hot battery. If yours is that dead, it is time to replace it and keep the car on a battery maintainer when not being used.

When changing a chip should you undo the orange wire to the ecu??
Seriously? I gave you some solid advice to resolve your issue
Maybe I should take a few steps backwards, if your car still has a high idle, try removing your foot from the gas pedal
If you do not take actions from our advise, how will you actually fix your car????????
Put the other chip in, clean the iac valve, check for vacuum leaks and report back
It's that simple

Yes. That will reset the ECM for the new chip to learn.
Meant ecm by the way i just saw my pj
Seriously? I gave you some solid advice to resolve your issue
Maybe I should take a few steps backwards, if your car still has a high idle, try removing your foot from the gas pedal
If you do not take actions from our advise, how will you actually fix your car????????
Put the other chip in, clean the iac valve, check for vacuum leaks and report back
It's that simple
I did everything yous told me to,where did a say i didnt??I thanked yous for the knowledge amd time yous offered me and to say to take my foot off the gas.The car isnt running 100% but what was done from everyones comments its at idle and miss isnt as bad.Im very happy with the progress.Thought the wire thing was just that one time was the reason for my question on everytime i change a chip.

Anyways this is what im working with
20160405_083846.jpg

So does the car have high idle after you cleaned the iac valve?
If its cold it revs high for alittle but straightens out nicely.From what ive been told and learned i need new injectors,coil pack with wires and plugs and maybe new valve springs to know exaclty what i have and get a chip made