87 GN in Dallas Area -- Help!

Mapears

Hey Guys

I live in Southern California but I'm lookin at buying an 87 GN in the Dallas area (tough finding one out here in Cali). Seller says its a clean, low mile, all original, one-owner car -- Just what I've been looking for. The Carfax checks out, except it has Louisiana tags and there is a big "potential flood damage" warning. Seller says (of course) that it was titled in Louisiana but has always been in the Dallas area. :confused:

I'm hoping someone might
1) know this car?
2) give me some advice -- is it possible that this car was never in Louisiana?
3) take a look-see at it for me before I throw my hard earned cash at it. I'd be happy to pay a few bucks for this :biggrin:

Thanks

I'm at 818-749-7764

Car is being sold by a dealer...
G & R Auto Brokers, Inc
529 N. Interurban
Richardson, Texas 75081
Talking to Steve 214-728-9000

got the message. sorry i missed your call. do you have a number i can call you back on? would be great if you could take a look at the thing. i've got one of them internet inspection companies checking it out and sending me pics but i'd prefer someone from the board who knows their way around a turbo buick ; )

thanks

mark

I can vouch for David knowing these cars and will give you his honest opinion.

Dannyo

That is pretty clean - other than the trailer hitch and "aluminum" wheels. Has anybody seen it or driven it yet? I live right over by there.

(972) 978-3750

I got pics from the inspection. Rusted out pretty bad under the T-Tops and some rust in the door lips too.

Too bad, looked nice, low miles.

Guess I'm Still looking for my unmodified original 86 / 87 with T-Tops

Bummer

It did look like a nice car, not sure what the asking $$ is?

It will be hard to find a T-Top car that doesn't have rust. They leaked so bad and most people in the early days drove them everyday in all kinds of bad weather. I know I have an 86 with T-Tops, so I know how it is.
It will probably have to be a car that almost never been driven. Good luck on your search.
I have a friend with an 87 that has low mileage that might be for sale but it is a hardtop car.

This kind of thread is why I am on this board good folks helping good folks!:) also makes me proud of my 86' t-top not a spot of rust and 77xxx miles. Good luck on the car I will keep an eye out. There was one that I saw but it was a modded T, had killer tire wheel package though. Jon Hanson

Hey Guys

Seller says (of course) that it was titled in Louisiana but has always been in the Dallas area. :confused:

Heck the Govenor of Louisiana lives in Dallas :eek:

Anyways, best of luck with the car, I would have stoped by this weekend to look at it but I never really check the net when I'm out of town.