87 GN..."forced" upgrades!

Nero328

I have had so much help from many people on this board and one board member in particular "Scott" (you know who you are). I wanted to share my progress.

A little background for those of you that do not know me or my project (most of you I am sure) I bought an 87 GN and an 86 T-Type about 6 months ago that were both basket cases with the exception of the motor for the GN. The motor for the GN was supposed to be "ready to go" but once I got it installed and started it I immediately found out that the heads were damaged beyond reapair (long story) and I ended up starting all over after filling the block with antifreeze.

The project turned into one of those situations where...since your replacing this you mihgt as well replace that and on and on. I ended up rebuilding the entire motor and I am finally starting to go back together with it. I ordered new aluminum GN1 heads from Champion, new Champion intake and used the old internals since they didnt have any time on them and werent damaged. of course I did replace all of the bearings and had to turn the crank due to a spun bearing but other than that I used it all. I eneded up with a product that I am pretty proud of so far. I hope to hear it running by the end of the week...now I just need to find the time to finish the install and back it out of the garage!

(before I get flogged for the Fram filter it has already been removed!

I will have to upload pictures later...seems to be a problem with the server at this time...

sounds good... been there with the antifreeze and getting the crank turned down. Only engine ice ( non-glycol )in it now.

get us some pics

I have tried to upload JPEG files from three different devices (computer, Ipad and Iphone) and I get the same error message that just says "There was a problem uploading your file"? I have uploaded pictures before and taken them with my phone just like these pictures and for some reason I am having this issue. Does anyone know what it going on? I have also tried from three different networks and 4G...confused

I have tried to upload JPEG files from three different devices (computer, Ipad and Iphone) and I get the same error message that just says "There was a problem uploading your file"? I have uploaded pictures before and taken them with my phone just like these pictures and for some reason I am having this issue. Does anyone know what it going on? I have also tried from three different networks and 4G...confused
Congrats on your journey !!!

The server crashed and we are running on a back up right now. Until it gets fixed the uploads are not working for everyone....

Bryan

Finally able to post a few pictures!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 77
Looks Nice! How soon before the "real test drive?"
What will you be adding alky?
Keeping the 44?
Coil pack/ wiper arm clearance issues?
Ported stock headers?
What cam is in it?
Is that an accumalator on the end of the fuel rail?:p
I gave another member chit about that same item... Where are you guys getting those from?